2017 f250 appears to be a joke

Same thing with Jeeps. Friend decided he wanted 35's with a lot of poke...had to do some serious fender cutting for those power robbing tires. Now he's looking to do a re-gear.

I agree. Coming from a guy that builds Jeeps on 40's....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone want to put tires that big on a truck that is designed to tow a certain way?

I see it here frequently. It tends to steal all the power and then they compensate with making their trucks roll coal... And all the while I pull away clean as a whistle.

I guess if you use trucks as they are designed you tend not to stray too much from the original design.

And whether it fits or not is completely irrelevant it's still overweight with lower payload than the equivalent GM truck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

One of my buddies is already bitching about moving up to 295's on his Ford. That is only about 1", but you know what they say....and inch can save a marriage.

I just laugh when someone does this with a tow rig that actually tows. Said friend in previous paragraph tows. 40' toyhauler, 16' dump trailer, flatbed and a smaller toy hauler that still is 10k lbs. Now he is asking me to haul his camper when we all go out Jeeping? Yeah....not happening all the time.

Now in Colorado, rolling coal can get you 300.00 lighter in the wallet per ticket. If I ever delete my truck, power will not be added so then if black cloud of death doesn't poke its head out.

There is an old member here with a straightpiped and tuned pickup putting down over 700 hp... Barely a puff of smoke at WOT, just til the boost builds. With a good tune, smoke isn't a concern.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rollin Coal is do to an over fuelled engine. Yes Diesels will make some smoke when They have the hammer down. BUT in todays standards Big black clouds are a waste of fuel and an improperly tuned engine!!

It's not bad. I'm getting one Regen per tank no limp modes and I do my own service. I do put 28k per mile on it which probably helps.

Enjoy the regens, limp modes, and dealer service that goes with it...

Dealers and the industry need to improve the emissions equipment on all Diesel trucks and equipment. What is being done right now is just a band aid to keep the Eco guys happy and meet industry standards etc. If they would all get together and spend some real time and Tech on all dino fuel engines. We could have much cleaner industries as well and higher output engines. However this would all take $$ away from the Oil Industry! So good Luck.

That gives me hope that GM has maybe improved the DPF/DEF combo issues. Regen every 130-230 miles depending on how hard I drive it during the regen. And no, I can't remove the damn stuff due to emissions testing and checking.

That gives me hope that GM has maybe improved the DPF/DEF combo issues. Regen every 130-230 miles depending on how hard I drive it during the regen. And no, I can't remove the damn stuff due to emissions testing and checking.

That's crazy! Did they ever figure out a fix?

I would rather have a few extra regen's from what the competition has to offer. Most of the issues I have seen in my 1 year research was people either:

-Daily driving a diesel truck. People can argue until we all die, but look at people that tow or just do long trips with their diesels. They hardly have any issues. Wonder why?

-People modding.

Is there some that have had serious problems with their trucks without the modding and DD? yep, but it is not the rule...the exception.

I'm not brand specific, and the best truck wins when buying a truck. All my Ford buddies have regen's every 500 miles, front end problems, and drivers side cylinder head valve burning issues. Ram...front ends/ countless DPF/DEF issues that will leave you on the side of the road.

I almost purchased a 16' F-350 CC LB Lariat truck. The only thing that stopped me was two of my Jeeping buddies with motor problems under 15K miles, don't feel like pulling heads off a motor that soon. One of them had to replace the front end at 20K miles (steering/ball joints/gearbox...etc). No thanks.

Then again, I have several buddies that have 11-14' F series diesels that have had minimal issues and have over 100K.

Ford makes great trucks. That said, I have driven the gnarliest of north idaho forest roads on 32s with an ifs gmt-800. 37's on a new truck are not being used for offroading, they are being used as an anatomical substitute.

Ford makes great trucks. That said, I have driven the gnarliest of north idaho forest roads on 32s with an ifs gmt-800. 37's on a new truck are not being used for offroading, they are being used as an anatomical substitute.

Just like guys who own guns right?

I would rather have a few extra regen's from what the competition has to offer. Most of the issues I have seen in my 1 year research was people either:

Ford and Dodge have issues with their DEF/DPF systems too so I wouldn't leave GM over my DPF/DEF issues.

That's crazy! Did they ever figure out a fix?

They did replace the DEF tank/system because one of the heaters went out in it under warranty, (common issue) so I do think the DEF issue was resolved, but as for the DPF- they kept saying it was working normal, which I said was hogwash because I had a 08 Duramax with the DPF only that regened every 400-500 miles, as it should have, not every 130-230 miles like my 12 is doing. And the regen is being done at consistant highway speeds of 65 MPH or faster so I am driving it as it should be for a regen, and just like I did with my 08. They did several service regens and when they did, I could get almost 200 miles between regens for a little while. Service regen is when they have the GM Tech II tool put it into a service regen which has it at 2500 RPM for 30 miin or so while parked. They eventually said I just need to drive it like a bat out of hell when it is in regen mode which I take issue with, It should regen properly under normal driving conditions of 55 MPH or faster. I shouldn't have to run it at 2500-3500RPM for 30 min to get the DPF clean!

Archived