What would you do if you picked up your truck from the shop and...

I opened the door and saw it as I went to hop in. I went straight in and brought the owner out. It's scratched and looks like they had a tool or something on their lap when working on the windshield tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

agreed. don't go in guns blazing, but be prepared to do what it takes to make it right.

No worries.....let the proprietor know and go from there. If he isn't cooperating, call the credit card company to hold payment until you are satisfied.

I for one. Would have called the dude the minute I saw it. Probably wouldn't sleep much until there was closure.

I opened the door and saw it as I went to hop in. I went straight in and brought the owner out. It's scratched and looks like they had a tool or something on their lap when working on the windshield tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did he say....

• 4 weeks later...

They should pay to have it fixed. The company I work for has an up fitting shop, and are usually extremely careful, but occasionally these things happen. Our usual answer is "get it fixed, send us the bill"....

post-127028-0-43184300-1497917594_thumb.jpg

After washing my brand new truck a few times I have noticed a bad halo and a light scratch on the door panel. It looks like they buffed it and applied a heavy coat of wax to hide the scratch. I am 100% sure this was done before I picked it up but I have no way to prove it. I have sent pics to the dealership. I guess we will see as someone noted above what kind of integrity these guys have.....

Why would a tint shop lacky with tool belts on have a need to drive it anyway? That's what they did. Check your miles before and after or track with myChev. I would do a full inspection now and any other "new" issues would be thier bad as well. Those dudes would be buying me a new door panel and lose my biz forever. What's wrong with people? Pay for a service and they do more damage than what thier service is worth?

After washing my brand new truck a few times I have noticed a bad halo and a light scratch on the door panel. It looks like they buffed it and applied a heavy coat of wax to hide the scratch. I am 100% sure this was done before I picked it up but I have no way to prove it. I have sent pics to the dealership. I guess we will see as someone noted above what kind of integrity these guys have.....

Had a similar deal on a brand new Subaru. The dealership was notified. Fixed NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Bought 3 more cars from them. Best place ever.

Definitely needs to be taken care of. I had a landlord long ago start filling out some paperwork for his concrete business on the hood of my somewhat used 1977 Suburban and I went out and spoke to him, he looked at me and said "It's a beater", we then had a more detailed discussion. It doesn't matter if it's new or old, pristine or junk. You respect other people's property regardless, no ifs, ands or buts.

Archived