Third Brake Light Strobe

I swapped out my 3rd brake light with an LED bulb and used one of these, no issues so far. The first 3 flashes are definitely fast, almost to fast, but after that you get slower flashes then steady light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M33BRAX/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_taa_4CgfzbKVQBR8S

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

i think there was a member a month or so ago that was asking about his pulsing/flashing 3rd brake light

i tried to search it but didn't find the thread i was thinking about

but i did find this one.... http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/172100-flashing-third-brake-light/?hl=flashing+third+brake

Where did you place the module?? Pictures of your install

I just used some Velcro to stick it up in the roof behind the brake light. When you pop out your third brake light, you will see what I'm talking about, plenty of room between the headliner and the roof to place the module.

Just connect the + and - per instructions and you're good to go. I didn't take pictures of my install, but I can take some pix of it already in there if needed.

Here it is in use:

I just used some Velcro to stick it up in the roof behind the brake light. When you pop out your third brake light, you will see what I'm talking about, plenty of room between the headliner and the roof to place the module.

Just connect the + and - per instructions and you're good to go. I didn't take pictures of my install, but I can take some pix of it already in there if needed.

Here it is in use:

Thanks, I didn't realize there would be enough room behind the light.

Can you scan and post instructions for the wiring challenged among us? How many wires to bulb?

I'll look for the box when I get home later today. Hopefully I didn't throw it away. But from what I remember, you have to cut your wires in the light and this module goes inline. I'll pop mine out and take a picture.

Here's the simplest flasher for the non-electrical engineers among us. It just wires in-line with the red 12v and black ground going to the CHMSL (third brake light). No programming of flashes required. And it's Cheap!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Strobe-Flasher-Controller-Module-For-LED-Third-Brake-Stop-Light-Lamp-/131996179617?fits=Make%3AChevrolet&hash=item1ebb95dca1:g:2-gAAOSwal5YILl~&vxp=mtr

Works good; lasts long time.

Here's the simplest flasher for the non-electrical engineers among us. It just wires in-line with the red 12v and black ground going to the CHMSL (third brake light). No programming of flashes required. And it's Cheap!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Strobe-Flasher-Controller-Module-For-LED-Third-Brake-Stop-Light-Lamp-/131996179617?fits=Make%3AChevrolet&hash=item1ebb95dca1:g:2-gAAOSwal5YILl~&vxp=mtr

Works good; lasts long time.

That's exactly how this one wires in also. No need to program or anything. Positive in-line and just ground the other wire. I actually tapped into the ground of the light as well. Haven't made it home yet, but will post the pic when I get home.

Much appreciated. Got the VLEDS one on the way now. Just wondering if there is any trick to which wire is which. Thanks.

Nothing fancy in wiring them up. The diagram is pretty simple on how to connect your wires. You can see how the wires are splices inline. The one ground on the 'output' side is not even used, I just put covered it up. And you can see how I just Velcro it to the root behind the light.

post-170057-0-62428800-1494653710_thumb.jpg

post-170057-0-71285900-1494653725_thumb.jpg

Nothing fancy in wiring them up. The diagram is pretty simple on how to connect your wires. You can see how the wires are splices inline. The one ground on the 'output' side is not even used, I just put covered it up. And you can see how I just Velcro it to the root behind the light.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170512_213210128.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170512_213504835.jpg

What gauge, do you suppose, is used in the truck to the bulbs?

i can't say for the third brake light, but when i've done stuff in my cab with lighting a lot of the wiring is very thin... 20 - 22 guage

i can't say for the third brake light, but when i've done stuff in my cab with lighting a lot of the wiring is very thin... 20 - 22 guage

I didn't really pay attention to the gauge, since I was splicing it inline.

bc-chris is probably right on the gauge.

Archived