Soon to be new Silverado Owner, any advice?

Don't settle for a truck you might not be 100% happy with. I've done that too many times in the past. This time I ensured I bought a truck that had pretty much everything I wanted in and on it. Also, don't be afraid to ask the sales person to throw in some accessories. Don't go nuts, but I asked for running boards and the bed to be Line-X sprayed. They threw in the running boards at no additional cost and covered half the price for the bed spray.

Hello!

I'll be buying a new 17' Silverado 1500 in a couple of days and was wondering if there was any helpful advice when buying a new truck.

Much appreciated.

What all you trim, packages and options want the truck to have?

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/silverado/2017/silverado-1500/config

Hello!

I'll be buying a new 17' Silverado 1500 in a couple of days and was wondering if there was any helpful advice when buying a new truck.

Much appreciated.

Have fun and use your new truck like a truck should be. No reason to stand around worrying about it getting scratched or dirty and don't be swayed by the chicken littles on this site.

Don't settle for a truck you might not be 100% happy with. I've done that too many times in the past. This time I ensured I bought a truck that had pretty much everything I wanted in and on it. Also, don't be afraid to ask the sales person to throw in some accessories. Don't go nuts, but I asked for running boards and the bed to be Line-X sprayed. They threw in the running boards at no additional cost and covered half the price for the bed spray.

Good idea, definitely going to be asking for running boards now.

Take the test drive up to 85 mph, in a safe area of course and check for vibrations.

Is this something this particular truck has a problem with?

Have fun and use your new truck like a truck should be. No reason to stand around worrying about it getting scratched or dirty and don't be swayed by the chicken littles on this site.

That's right. Every pickup should look like this once in a while. Problem is, mine is like this every time it rains.

post-122677-0-55045500-1494645792_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I have to side with that one. The highest diff ratio you can get. You will appreciate it much better over the long term. And having a dealer spice the deal with a free Line-X deal is a realistic happening. The dealer thru in a free Line-X on my 2015, and that was after taking $9000 off the sticker, almost 20% off the sticker. Wasn't even during one of those "Chevy Truck Sales Month" type of things either. I just saw the pickup I wanted online and contacted dealer online. Then arranged a drive and all the other face to face stuff. And you can do your looking online for exactly what you want, contact your local dealer and have the pickup brought to that dealer for you to test drive and purchase if the deal is good. I have had vehicles brought from out of state to the dealer before. Two times in the last 11 years, and almost 200 miles away both times. Dealers move vehicles between each other all the time. Many folks make their living moving vehicles around like that. Contact any dealer, tell them EXACTLY what you want and have them search. They can search every dealership in the country. Never settle for what is on the lot if it is not what you truly want.

I would also opt for avoiding extended warranty stuff. If by chance you do succumb to some version of sales pressure and get one, just cancel it later and get the money back. It is just a cash cow for the dealerships. If you are not sleeping well and feel you really need one, then get it on your own and comparison shop online. Heck, after you do buy a new vehicle, you will probably be bombarded with marketing calls later, trying to sell you a extended warranty or maintenance policy. I sure am.

Archived