Soon to be new Silverado Owner, any advice?

Is this something this particular truck has a problem with?

Yes. Vibration issues that cannot be fixed are common with these k2 trucks. Just make sure it's good to go before you pull the trigger and make that truck yours.

Hello!

I'll be buying a new 17' Silverado 1500 in a couple of days and was wondering if there was any helpful advice when buying a new truck.

Much appreciated.

Welcome! This forum is a good resource for you and your new truck. If this is your first new truck, I would suggest taking a relative or friend along for a test drive. I use to find myself more fixated on driving than paying attention to the truck! You or a friend sitting in the passenger seat can learn a lot about a vehicle.

As a lot of others have said- hold out for the right deal.

Go in knowing EXACTLY what you want. The salesmen get intimidated as they know you've done your research and know you're ready to buy... they will etc more aggressive.

Work with either fleet or online managers only- dont mess with the lot lizards.

Do you homework on what the realistic prices are on that model then come in low- let them counter.

Tell them what you are going to buy and what you are going to pay for it. Period. The only option they should have is whether or not to make the deal you propose. Tell them you want a "yes" or a "no" --- nothing else. If you allow them any wiggle room they will wiggle you to death. If you've done your homework and offered a doable deal you will find a willing seller. The smart ones (and there are a few around) would rather sell a truck than not sell a truck.

Take your phone with you and post in this thread about what deal they offered for a specific truck and we'll judge it.

Also, go to Chevy.com and try to get the $1,500 pop up offer that they have once in awhile. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has it happening to them in their area right now (I think its area specific but code works anywhere on anyone's info), try to hook this guy up. I had my buds at another forum spam the site with VPNs when I knew they were offering it and a guy had it pop up right away. Just enter your info (or the guy who has it up enters yours) and there you have it. A magic $1,500 off that stacks with everything.

Doing crazy stuff like that along with timing GM card offers...etc is how I got my truck out the door at $34,500 with a $45,000 MSRP.

Cheers.

Take your phone with you and post in this thread about what deal they offered for a specific truck and we'll judge it.

Also, go to Chevy.com and try to get the $1,500 pop up offer that they have once in awhile. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has it happening to them in their area right now (I think its area specific but code works anywhere on anyone's info), try to hook this guy up. I had my buds at another forum spam the site with VPNs when I knew they were offering it and a guy had it pop up right away. Just enter your info (or the guy who has it up enters yours) and there you have it. A magic $1,500 off that stacks with everything.

Doing crazy stuff like that along with timing GM card offers...etc is how I got my truck out the door at $34,500 with a $45,000 MSRP.

Cheers.

$1,500 Private Offer is what they call it - nobody has seen it this year. There is a $100 accessory deal AFTER you take delivery:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/199396-100-accessory-online-bonus-coupon/?hl=coupon

Yes. Vibration issues that cannot be fixed are common with these k2 trucks. Just make sure it's good to go before you pull the trigger and make that truck yours.

The above is fact, not fiction. Get the truck you want to buy out on a smooth section of highway and get it to +80 MPH and hold it there for a bit whether the salesman likes it or not. If he/she bitches tell him/her you're checking for vibration/shake, he/she will then know you've done your research. Also and just as important, get the truck on a smooth section of road and drive around 45 MPH, which is another Chevy favorite shake speed.

Archived