Anyone see the news on the new GAS HD?

I saw a post about this somewhere else, and they said the "diesel" trademark details (the DEF tank and exhaust tip) might be there to throw people off...why would they test another DMax when they just released one this past year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I saw a post about this somewhere else, and they said the "diesel" trademark details (the DEF tank and exhaust tip) might be there to throw people off...why would they test another DMax when they just released one this past year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The only reason I can think of if its a new 8 or 10 speed HD transmission that they are still working on.

I am sure the L5P was designed with plenty of reserve for future model year tune enhancements.

So do these photographers just sit around all day at these test tracks just hoping for some pictures?

I live in Detroit. Love gettig to see all the latest trucks first

Probably.

Or just find out where they like to run the road test loops and keep an eye out.

Even on weekends you see caravans of groups of two or three test vehicles wearing M plates running the loops north up M24 or M53 and back down.

So do these photographers just sit around all day at these test tracks just hoping for some pictures?

I live in Detroit. Love gettig to see all the latest trucks first

They should go to Kapuskasing Ontario during the winter hiding behind snowbanks LOL

Up there on snowmobile trips & have seen the Cadillac XLR, Chevy SSR, a convoy of Cobalts (all before their intro) & last winter a camoed Chevy HD.

I'm seeing caravans of the new wranglers all camo'd out running telegraph. You see Chrysler tests late at night along I75

i just got out of a wrangler because chrysler builds junk. such a shame, what a fun, purposeful vehicle, but i never had the confidence i could drive it forever like i do with my chevy.

i just got out of a wrangler because chrysler builds junk. such a shame, what a fun, purposeful vehicle, but i never had the confidence i could drive it forever like i do with my chevy.

I drive an 07 Wrangler. It has it's faults and quirks but I've taken great care of it and it will be a classic car one day. It was my first car. I hope my second car, the '16 Sierra HD will be a classic one day as well.

I drive an 07 Wrangler. It has it's faults and quirks but I've taken great care of it and it will be a classic car one day. It was my first car. I hope my second car, the '16 Sierra HD will be a classic one day as well.

maybe, and for your sake i hope that is true. certainly the wrangler is one of a kind. i had two and both had issues from the day i bought them brand new, and you know how it is going to the dealer and getting the run-around. waste of my time. so many stupid little issues, electrical stuff, heater problems, etc.

the good news for me was that they held their value, i lost about 8 grand in resale owning two brand-new rubicons for about 6 years and 70k miles between them, one two door and one 4 door. my wife has probably already lost that much in two years of subaru ownership, and i am sure by next year this time my work truck will be worth 8k less than i paid for it new.

Not entirely convinced its a diesel. Notice the DEF tank is not in the correct location, and why would the ram air inlet be covered all together right up with camo? When they were testing the L5P that area of the hood was open mesh.

Archived