Passenger Seat Belt Chime Question

I have a 2017 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Diesel, Crew Cab, 4x4 with just over 5k miles. Pretty confident that early on when a passenger sat in the front passenger seat and they did not buckle up that the truck would chime the warning to buckle up. But now it's not. I am slightly concerned that this might issue may not be detecting that someone is sitting there. Which would also affect the Air Bag deployment for the passenger. The Owner's Manual talks of two ways the Air Bag System for the passenger is disabled. One is with a switch on the dash which I do not have. The other way is a sensor in the seat, which I would imagine is the same for the seatbelt warning.

I took it to the dealership for other things and had them look at this and was told that there is not a passenger detection module for my truck. Seams to contradict what the manual tells me for the ABS System and why is it not screaming at me if a passenger does not buckle up? How can I prove or disprove this fact?

You can see for yourself that the passenger side seatbelt female end does not have a wire harness like the driver side does. So, it has never warned of an unbuckled passenger. 1500s, cars, fords, and rams have that feature. There may be a weight sensor in the passenger seat, but I'm not certain because I haven't looked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived