Vacuum pump delete

Anyone deleted this vacuum pump yet? My afm has been tuned out so I should have enough vacuum for the power brakes. My question is where to hook the vacuum line into and what if anything will need to be tuned out. I know there is at least one electrical connection on the vacuum line so I'm assuming it's going to throw at least some kind of CEL if it's gone. Was thinking about T-ing into one of the pcv lines that go into the throttle body for vacuum.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193570-2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-engine-failure/?hl=vacuum+pumpthat's just the first one I pulled up. Dealership service department here in town has seen 3 in ad many months all around the 100-120k mile mark. Not saying it will but would rather spend the 35 bucks in materials to avoid a rebuild when I don't need the pump anymore anyway.

Your brakes would suffer too....these engines make less vacuum to supply the booster enough vacuum to actually function. If you remove it, you'll notice your brakes will fade you'll have to push the pedal harder to get it to stop. So, they make the vacuum pump to assist in this. Lots of cars and trucks are going to these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be completely honest I wasn't asking for some of the opinions I was asking if it had been done. Regardless if you think it's stupid or not wasn't the question. Now back to what I said previously. These engines do not make enough vacuum when in 4cyl mode mine has been tuned out. I'm in v8 all the time so should make plenty from them intake. I just haven't found a good place to pull the vacuum and was wondering if someone had already found somewhere.

• Like 2

I wish I had some answers to how to do it. Seems most guys on here just want to be a jerk. If you don't understand the mod try being quiet you may learn something. If GM is denying engine warranties over this I am taking mine out at 36,000 miles.

Anyone deleted this vacuum pump yet? My afm has been tuned out so I should have enough vacuum for the power brakes. My question is where to hook the vacuum line into and what if anything will need to be tuned out. I know there is at least one electrical connection on the vacuum line so I'm assuming it's going to throw at least some kind of CEL if it's gone. Was thinking about T-ing into one of the pcv lines that go into the throttle body for vacuum.

Looks like post 18 in the thread linked above has the block off plugs from a Corvette. The Corvette uses an electric vacuum pump. Part # 11546665. Looks like the Corvette electric pump may be an option. The vacuum pump seems to be the only source of vacuum to the booster. Why would GM not put a screen on the oil side to prevent something like this from happening?