A couple of weeks ago my voice commands stopped working to dial phone numbers by names in the directory. It will dial numbers if I call the numbers, it will find streets in navigation, but it won't pick up names in my phone directory. Anyone else having this problem? It answers back with "Pardon" or "who would you like to call".

I am using an Samsung Galaxy S7, Android. I have deleted and reset the bluetooth. The blue tooth is connecting and the music and telephone work. Just not voice recognition on contacts on the Truck. But the Voice Recognition works for navigation and if I say the number. really weird.

I took my car to the dealer and the charge me to to do two upgrades to the software. Still not working and now my parking detector in the front center is not accurate..... Frustrated!!

Ive have found with my s7 you have to go into the settings and allow the truck to wake the phone for voice activation to work. The other settings i had to play with was the speed that the phone receives your voice. I talk faster than the stock setting and it wouldnt understand my initial Contact description. My wifes name etc. It seems to be much better now. However it can be a bit spotty sometimes and it helps to wake your phone before you get into the truck. Also the Android app does work good if your connected via the usb. Hope this helps some.

Do some google searches about S7 and voice recognition etc.

My phone had been working with my truck for over a year. I also tried using my wife's iPhone and the same result. Where do you go to set the speed the phone or truck accepts the speed?

try under your phone settings. general management. language and input. then text to speech. speech rate. and pitch etc. Helped a little with mine. But sometimes it says it cant find the name I say. Even though it repeats the same name back to me. then my kid tries it and it works. Something to do with how i say the name etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill Wong,

Have you been able to fix this issue. I have been searching for a few weeks regarding this issue and just came across your post. I have a Galaxy s7, and 2016 chevy traverse and my voice command was working just fine until a few weeks ago. Now It will not recognize any name in my contacts, which makes if useless when trying to make a call while driving, as I do not know peoples numbers off the top of my head anymore. I have repaired the devise and still same issue. Have you had any luck? This has been driving me nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

So i took my truck to the dealer, and they said it was my phone. So my question to GM is: Is there a limit to the number of contacts the voice command/address book can handle? I think I have too many contacts in my address book.

Bill Wong,

Have you been able to fix this issue. I have been searching for a few weeks regarding this issue and just came across your post. I have a Galaxy s7, and 2016 chevy traverse and my voice command was working just fine until a few weeks ago. Now It will not recognize any name in my contacts, which makes if useless when trying to make a call while driving, as I do not know peoples numbers off the top of my head anymore. I have repaired the devise and still same issue. Have you had any luck? This has been driving me nuts.

I have not, but I have narrowed it down. I went to the Samsung booth at Best Buy and they updated my phone, still didn't work. Dealer is useless. I think it has to do with the number of contacts I have in my address book. Do you have a lot of contacts? I have over 3,700.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago my voice commands stopped working to dial phone numbers by names in the directory. It will dial numbers if I call the numbers, it will find streets in navigation, but it won't pick up names in my phone directory. Anyone else having this problem? It answers back with "Pardon" or "who would you like to call".

ok all. I figured out the problem after getting the Truck software updates, replacing two batteries and getting my phone updated as well. The dealer told me that it was my phone, but in fact there is a limit to the number of contacts the Mylink will sync with. Once you go over the limit, the voice commands will not work search the contact list. Not sure if it loads all the contacts. What I had to do to fix the problem is delete contacts out of my phone. I went below 3,700 contacts and it started working again!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ok all. I figured out the problem after getting the Truck software updates, replacing two batteries and getting my phone updated as well. The dealer told me that it was my phone, but in fact there is a limit to the number of contacts the Mylink will sync with. Once you go over the limit, the voice commands will not work search the contact list. Not sure if it loads all the contacts. What I had to do to fix the problem is delete contacts out of my phone. I went below 3,700 contacts and it started working again!!!!!!

So I have done everything you have and I only have 225 contacts in my phone. It still will not recognize the name I am saying. Like you said before, it will recognize the number just not the name.

I thought I had it figured out. What kind of phone are you using? I am using an Samsung 7. As a last resort, you should back up all your contacts and add one at a time. to see if it is a special character you put in on accident. That is the only think I can think of.