Hate my power windows

I have those plastic gutters, like to put the windows down about an inch, but the auto on the up and down of all four Windows makes it a chore. Seems the liability of the auto up would make that not an option going up. Is there any way to turn this madness off? Are people really that busy that they can't hold the button for the 5 seconds it take to move the window all the way?

I do enjoy the full down with the remote.

All too often I fat finger mine, but overall it is a good feature when you don't hamfist it. I honestly think domestic brands have taken too long to adopt this feature!

Curious to see if others chime in.

I have those plastic gutters, like to put the windows down about an inch, but the auto on the up and down of all four Windows makes it a chore. Seems the liability of the auto up would make that not an option going up. Is there any way to turn this madness off? Are people really that busy that they can't hold the button for the 5 seconds it take to move the window all the way?

Lol! I hear ya.! Although I don't know how you can turn it completely off, of if it can be even be done. ( I'm sure someone could figure it out or has already) if you just push the window button down about half way instead of fully, it won't go full auto down on you. This is a little tricky though, and is all about the "touch " you put on the button.

I agree that we don't need this nonsense. I'm capable of holding the button.. It beats cranking the window up and down. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the dang window to stop going up or down on auto.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I love the auto-up feature. I know it's not hard to hold a button for a few seconds, but it's a handy feature. It's not that difficult to not push it down all the way to move the window up a little bit.

The remote all down in a crew is sick.......... Loved it on our 2010 MINI Cooper when parked in a tight spot and on hot days - long doors frame-less windows. Love it on the Silverado - well when the sun shines anyway.........

The remote all down in a crew is sick

Remote all down? Can you roll down the windows with the remote? I know some VWs you can roll the windows down with the key from the outside.

All 4 windows should be auto up and down. Forget holding the button :)

My truck will auto down on all four and auto up only on the driver front. No auto up on the other three because I think its a safety feature for your passengers, i think? At least no auto up on the drivers controls. I never noticed the passengers buttons lol

you can reprogram the auto up to work with the ventvisors.

Remote all down? Can you roll down the windows with the remote? I know some VWs you can roll the windows down with the key from the outside.

Yes, just hold the unlock button for a few seconds and they will all lower.

Personally, while that is a nice feature, I would rather have the ability to close all the windows w/ the remote, like I could with my GTi. That was great for walking away from the car, forgetting about the windows, and having the ability to close them with the remote.

Yep on my 2017 anyway - if you select it in the DIC - and/or power mirror fold..........

If equipped with auto mirror folding,

pressing and holding (unlock) for

one second will unfold the mirrors.

The auto mirror folding feature will

not operate unless it is enabled.

See Folding Mirrors 0 48 and

Vehicle Personalization 0 160.

On some models, press, release

and then press and hold (unlock) to open

all of the windows. Pressing the

button again will stop the windows.

See Vehicle Personalization 0 160.

Don't know if it will work on all vehicles but most if you stop the window during an auto-up cycle, the window will roll back down and from then on, the auto up won't work until you reset it by rolling the window up and holding the switch fully up for like three seconds. Stopping the window by hand can be a bit disconcerting but it should do it.

Archived