What's Next? I Don't Like my Black Tires?

This was brought on by the complaints on here and listening to someone complain about their vehicle.

I understand that some features on all trucks/vehicles have room for improvement, but you can't please everybody. Some of the items I understand are not user friendly or you wonder what GM or any other manufacturer was thinking.

I can deal with DIC's that that need improvement, features that don't work the way I think they should. To me minor stuff.

I want a truck/vehicle that the drive train last's, period. I do feel sorry for the owners with problems on new trucks and the hassle it can take to fix it. Over all I think all manufacturers do a good job. Today's vehicles are a complex item, and yea they are going to make a bad one.

When a feature on your truck bugs you because it doesn't work the way you would like it to, keep this in mind:

Hopefully you had no major issues which I believe is the norm.

It started, ran good, trans worked, head lights worked, heater worked etc. etc.

If your family and friends are healthy, you have a job etc. it's a grand day IMO.

:happysad::happysad::happysad::happysad:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was brought on by the complaints on here and listening to someone complain about their vehicle.

I understand that some features on all trucks/vehicles have room for improvement, but you can't please everybody. Some of the items I understand are not user friendly or you wonder what GM or any other manufacturer was thinking.

I can deal with DIC's that that need improvement, features that don't work the way I think they should. To me minor stuff.

I want a truck/vehicle that the drive train last's, period. I do feel sorry for the owners with problems on new trucks and the hassle it can take to fix it. Over all I think all manufacturers do a good job. Today's vehicles are a complex item, and yea they are going to make a bad one.

When a feature on your truck bugs you because it doesn't work the way you would like it to, keep this in mind:

Hopefully you had no major issues which I believe is the norm.

It started, ran good, trans worked, head lights worked, heater worked etc. etc.

If your family and friends are healthy, you have a job etc. it's a grand day IMO.

It's an online forum. The one place you can babble about your vehicle without your friends and family hating you. Human nature dictates that the majority of discussion will be about problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a truck/vehicle that the drive train last's, period..

Agreed. But I want the coachwork it's attached to lasting just as long. Not much use in a million mile driveline that sits in a truck that rust away in 3 to 5 years ditto the frame. But as you say, the other stuff....not so much. I like plain Jane. K.I.S.S.

people don't go out of their way to search for a forum, create a profile and write up a post to say this:

New Topic: Everything I expected it to be

Today I got in my truck to drive to work and everything was as I expected. After work, same thing. I like my truck. That is all.

People go on forums and complain that some kind of technology doesn't work right &/or how they expected it to. Others complain that there is too much technology and that they were better back in the day. Other still complain that there should be more technology... ABC Motor Corp has heater blinker fluid, why doesn't GM get with the times and add heated blinker fluid, etc.

The point is, people take to forums to complain way more than they do to praise. Hell, I think lots of people think they have a problem with their truck because they read it here that their truck is prone to whatever they think it is. There are lots of things I've never heard anyone complain about and I'm in a dealership!

My 2014 Silverado has not had one issue in over three years.

No vibration

No seat movement

No wind noise

No cracked AC hose

No bad tire balancing

No headlight issues

No rusting frame

And on and on and on.....

There. I feel so much better.

Sometimes when I press the skinny pedal a little the truck moves slowly. Other times when I push the skinny pedal a lot, the truck moves fast. Madness!

And don't get me started on the steering wheel, I can literally spin it around 3 or 4 times in each direction. Give me a break.

Oh and did you know you actually have to move the shift lever to put it into gear and then it shifts automatically? UP AND DOWN!? What happened to manually shifting gears all the time because three pedals is lyfe.

Oh and occasionally when there are bumps in the road, the truck will jostle around me and my passengers. How come the cab isn't perfectly gyroscopic to make sure my frail human body isn't hurt during road imperfections?

Lastly, if you drive it long enough it eventually stops working, and you have to fill it back up with this stuff called gas. And its expensive. WTF! SO ANNOYING.

this post is 100% satire

The complaints about "first world problems" like: my heated seats don't warm up fast enough! or These LED headlights don't illuminate 200 ft wide x 1000' in front of me so I must add more! are far less annoying than the million posts asking: what size tires can I fit without rubbing? I have a XYZ level/lift and I want these ABC wheels. And I don't know how to search a forum or look up tire diameters on my own.

My 2014 Silverado has not had one issue in over three years.

No vibration

No seat movement

No wind noise

No cracked AC hose

No bad tire balancing

No headlight issues

No rusting frame

And on and on and on.....

There. I feel so much better.

Well it had the headlight issue

The headlight issue is that they just suck

Archived