What's Next? I Don't Like my Black Tires?

people don't go out of their way to search for a forum, create a profile and write up a post to say this:

New Topic: Everything I expected it to be

Today I got in my truck to drive to work and everything was as I expected. After work, same thing. I like my truck. That is all.

Have you ever thought that maybe people should? Positive upbeat attitude goes a long way for ones mental health and physical fitness. The fact that we focus on negativity as a society as a whole is a problem within itself.

Ultimately I bought my 2016 Silverado new. Have done extensive modifications to it, though it's not perfect, I absolutely love it, and couldn't be happier. I'm also thankful that I am blessed enough to be able to have the nice things I do indeed have.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever thought that maybe people should? Positive upbeat attitude goes a long way for ones mental health and physical fitness. The fact that we focus on negativity as a society as a whole is a problem within itself.

Ultimately I bought my 2016 Silverado new. Have done extensive modifications to it, though it's not perfect, I absolutely love it, and couldn't be happier. I'm also thankful that I am blessed enough to be able to have the nice things I do indeed have.

Well spoken on a Friday, sets the mood for the weekend!!!, And a very nice looking truck!!!!

Show car would be one of those aspects I was thinking of

I think the idea that tires are black is too ingrained into our minds at this point. It might look cool but certainly tacky in most applications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take this opportunity to say:

I love my truck.

I love the crew cab room (larger than last gen and I notice it). The interior is awesome. The MyLink works great. Android Auto and Google Maps is God's gift to Nav. I wish it had rear vents but the fronts in the middle push air back great.The layout is great. The ITBC is in a good spot. I like the DIC integration and where the 4x4 and light knobs are (mentioned because of complaints I've read before in rags). I think its awesome that it has a special Off-Road menu with 4x4 and angle readouts even on non-Z71. The trans temp gauge is nice too. Overall the interior is awesome. I had a 14 2500 before this (last gen) and it was very dated by comparison. Too smooth on the edges, no color screens, all digi read out...etc. The K2XX looks and is very modern and will hold up very well over time aesthetically.

I love the power of the little 5.3/6 speed combo. I dont race around like a noob using a truck so I dont expect it to run 11 second quarters, but for a family do-all vehicle, it hauls all the ass I need it to while returning un-godly MPG numbers relative to what the vehicle is. (I remember when trucks used to get 8 mpg).

Let's see...... I love the Deep Ocean Blue Metallic i specifically sought out (even though it chips white). I love the full LED front end and style of the truck.

It's bank vault quiet, rides smooth, and performs great as a truck. It has the seat slide issue, but I'll figure that out eventually. Overall build quality is excellent and I've had new 2006, 2012, 2013, and 2014 GM vehicles made everywhere from USA (Corvette was the worst. Terrible QC, well done 'Muricuh) to Australia, to Canada, to Korea and now Mexico.

My K2XX is the shit. There's a lot a like about it and probably more that I love that I forgot to list.

All vehicles have their demons. If you hate your truck, go get a Ford or Ram or foreign job and realize that nothing is perfect the first time it has a little chingadera rattle or suffer a TSB. Yes, I am a GM sycophant but I'm also a realist and quite well traveled in the world of vehicles. If you think another brand is perfect, go to their home forum and dive into all the "ZOMG, my rear view mirror is loose!" type threads. They'll be there.

My headlight issue is that it was falling out of the truck because the mounting brackets were broken.

Dang brackets should hold up better, GM engineers should know how hard a teenager grasshopper can kung fu kick a headlight and designed them to withstand that...................... if you had some nice colored tires on your truck he might not have kicked so hard.

color_tires_1.img_assist_custom.jpg

Dang brackets should hold up better, GM engineers should know how hard a teenager grasshopper can kung fu kick a headlight and designed them to withstand that...................... if you had some nice colored tires on your truck he might not have kicked so hard.

Those blue tires are screaming to be put on your truck!!! Kung fu proof for sure, headlights will be safe !!!!

I'll take this opportunity to say:

I love my truck.

I love the crew cab room (larger than last gen and I notice it). The interior is awesome. The MyLink works great. Android Auto and Google Maps is God's gift to Nav. I wish it had rear vents but the fronts in the middle push air back great.The layout is great. The ITBC is in a good spot. I like the DIC integration and where the 4x4 and light knobs are (mentioned because of complaints I've read before in rags). I think its awesome that it has a special Off-Road menu with 4x4 and angle readouts even on non-Z71. The trans temp gauge is nice too. Overall the interior is awesome. I had a 14 2500 before this (last gen) and it was very dated by comparison. Too smooth on the edges, no color screens, all digi read out...etc. The K2XX looks and is very modern and will hold up very well over time aesthetically.

I love the power of the little 5.3/6 speed combo. I dont race around like a noob using a truck so I dont expect it to run 11 second quarters, but for a family do-all vehicle, it hauls all the ass I need it to while returning un-godly MPG numbers relative to what the vehicle is. (I remember when trucks used to get 8 mpg).

Let's see...... I love the Deep Ocean Blue Metallic i specifically sought out (even though it chips white). I love the full LED front end and style of the truck.

It's bank vault quiet, rides smooth, and performs great as a truck. It has the seat slide issue, but I'll figure that out eventually. Overall build quality is excellent and I've had new 2006, 2012, 2013, and 2014 GM vehicles made everywhere from USA (Corvette was the worst. Terrible QC, well done 'Muricuh) to Australia, to Canada, to Korea and now Mexico.

My K2XX is the shit. There's a lot a like about it and probably more that I love that I forgot to list.

All vehicles have their demons. If you hate your truck, go get a Ford or Ram or foreign job and realize that nothing is perfect the first time it has a little chingadera rattle or suffer a TSB. Yes, I am a GM sycophant but I'm also a realist and quite well traveled in the world of vehicles. If you think another brand is perfect, go to their home forum and dive into all the "ZOMG, my rear view mirror is loose!" type threads. They'll be there.

Another positive post on a Friday, there needs to be a lot more!

Yes, headlights should stay in the vehicle. If made of metal, brackets don't break. If made of plastic, brackets break. I find it humorous that people think essential safety items of a vehicle literally falling off said vehicle within months of purchase is either comical or a small, insignificant gripe; I've never understood why the brand-x chest pounders seem take the slightest complaint against that brand personally, as if they personally built the truck. "But mine hasn't had a single problem" said in the same paragraph as other listed problems, like loose seats... if it wasn't such a financial hit I'd drop this truck off the back of a ferry, the fish would appreciate it far more than the next unfortunate owner. Mechanical/engineering failures > convenience gripes.

Archived