Lemon or Lemonade?

They say stupidity is doing the same thing twice the same way and expecting a different result.

So if you had a new Silverado or Sierra that was a lemon or a buy back, would you do it again and hope for a better truck the second time, or would you walk away and say never again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm to the point where I want to walk away. GM executive office is a joke. I told them the transmission is a safety concern and they blamed it on the way I drive and then told me to disregard that statement. And I'm also tired of the constant blaming of the tires for the shake and vibration issues I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 99% of the GM trucks out there are fine. I would definitely give it another shot.

You think that the amount of problems is way higher because that's what you read on here. how many people do you know in real life with the same problems?

And get what???

My brother in law traded in his 2015 loaded f150 because it kept breaking down with electrical problems. Every Dodge I see has rusted out fenders.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yes because the vast majority of these trucks are great. when you are the 2nd highest selling vehicle in the country, there are bound to be some imperfections.

I was on the highway yesterday, thinking about how nice this truck is. Really. Lots to be thrilled with, though I don't have but one large-scale concern. The transmission. And it's not so much that the bump is the intolerable, as my concern about the financial exposure I'm going to have about 200 miles after the power train warranty expires.

The frustration is my admitted ignorance in thinking it would be an easy fix for GM (programming?).

The question as it relates to me now is, would I recommend to one of my co-workers/buddies?

To answer directly, yea I'd probably repeat purchase if I had a catastrophic, expensive failure, but it may be a LOOONG time.

I really do like the truck.

That is a really tough question that I am dealing with right now. My current truck has the vibration and has been in and out of the shop for the two months I have owned it.

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a loaner Sierra that runs perfectly (other than clunky transmission but I can live with that) I would walk away and never look back. I've also driven my friend's Sierra and Silverado and no problems with those either. (Again, other than the transmission)

I've driven the other choices and still would pick the GM again if I had the choice. It is a superior product fit/finish wise and the only option with a better ride is the Ram.

The deciding factor here is definitely going to be GM customer service. So far I am far less than impressed with the amount of time spent/wasted having to constantly hound them to get anything accomplished. If they would offer me an agreeable swap I would take it but if they drag this out another month, or I am forced to file a BBB or lemon complaint, I would take back my money and never buy GM again.

I must have gotton a truck made on a Friday, because mine has been nothing but troubles. All the usual we all complain about from heated seats breaking, vented seats failing 3x, flapper valve in exhaust squeaking for the 3rd replacement, MyLink failing and needing full replacement, AC condensor problems, Radiator leaking, Trailer break shortage in wiring, transmission issues, surging on highway and now as of last week, a bad ticking sound when in V4 mode...

Granted I think my truck is beautiful and looks so nice, but the issues have left a bitter taste in my mouth. Whats worse is that GM gave me the run around and the GM dealer here was worse and ended up making my issues worse. All of it ended in legal action

If I were to do this again, I am not completely off of GM but would end up going the duramax route next time around or F250/350. I find under normal driving the 5.3 its underpowered (probably how the transmission is set up) until i end up flooring it and then its brilliant

Archived