I started plasti-dipping the emblems on my 2015 All Terrian. But I'm having an issue with the GMC logo's on the front and back. The paint keeps "lifting". So I'm stuck. There are no Youtube videos for this year or newer that I've found. I'm thinking its becuse with the newer trucks, the emblems have all these horizontal groove lines keeping the paint/dip from grabbing on. Any ideas/advice??? Thank you all in advance. Also, whats the best thing to use to remove PlastiDip?? Can you paint over PlastiDip with PlastiDip?

I tried to originally vinyl wrap my GMC badges but never could get rid of all the imperfections.

When I went to use plasti dip I was extremely careful because I didn't want to try it for a third time.

I cleaned the badges with 50/50 alcohol water mixture.

I got a bowl and put hot tap water in it and set the can in it to warm the paint up and got fresh hot water between each coat.

Made sure I taped everything up good.

I put 9 or 10 thin coats on the front and back.

Peeled off the overspray and was good to go.

I tried to originally vinyl wrap my GMC badges but never could get rid of all the imperfections.

When I went to use plasti dip I was extremely careful because I didn't want to try it for a third time.

I cleaned the badges with 50/50 alcohol water mixture.

I got a bowl and put hot tap water in it and set the can in it to warm the paint up and got fresh hot water between each coat.

Made sure I taped everything up good.

I put 9 or 10 thin coats on the front and back.

Peeled off the overspray and was good to go.

Thank you for the advice!!

I started plasti-dipping the emblems on my 2015 All Terrian. But I'm having an issue with the GMC logo's on the front and back. The paint keeps "lifting". So I'm stuck. There are no Youtube videos for this year or newer that I've found. I'm thinking its becuse with the newer trucks, the emblems have all these horizontal groove lines keeping the paint/dip from grabbing on. Any ideas/advice??? Thank you all in advance. Also, whats the best thing to use to remove PlastiDip?? Can you paint over PlastiDip with PlastiDip?

My thread. You can scroll down and see the progress

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192702-allterrainx-2016-gmc-sierra-slt-all-terrain-x/?p=1963640

I had no issues on my 2016. Just cleaned them with a microfiber cloth and some alcohol pads. Put on probably 8-10 coats of Plasti-dip.

Archived