What car to expect as a loaner?

Like the title says what car should I expect or ask for possibly on Monday when GM authorizes work on my 2016 Silverado regular cab. My truck been in the dealer since Thursday morning and they expect GM to authorize work on it some time next Monday. This is my first time having my truck in for major repairs and don't know what to expect. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dealer doesn't loan out any HDs so I always get stuck in a tiny half ton or some sardine can of a SUV. They're probably glad my extended warranty is over now they don't have to hear me complain about the tiny loaners they give me. Sounds like you'd be fine with any of the choices my dealership offers. First thing would be to make sure they're going to give you a loaner. Then I'd ask for whatever it is you want and the worst thing they can do is say no. I always got "no" lol

Does the dealer offer loaners?

It looks like they do when I asked them over the phone.

Pick a Denali off the lot. The dealer will sell it as a demo or test drive mileage.

Can I ask for a specific vehicle? I've never had to use a loaner and don't want to get stuck with a sedan as I'm well over 6'6".

I want to know why the truck has been at the dealer since Thursday and you still don't have a loaner.

When I got the call on Friday the tech told me they where waiting on GM approval before they can do any work on my work and for me to get in a loaner.

My dealer had a Sierra SLT and an Acadia for loaners. It's really up to the dealer and how many loaners they have as to what they put you in. They could always get a rental company to. As far as asking for a specific vehicle all they can say is no.

I have usually gotten a truck if I need one because I have a truck in for repairs, but if I am ok with it they usually give me a Malibu.

Thanks for all the replies. I now have some knowledge so the dealer won't and try and pull a fast one on me. I will ask for a Silverado preferably a LTZ or High Country but whatever I get is good. Sure won't hurt to ask lol

Let us know how that works out for you. Might as well ask for a Camaro SS or a Corvette Z06. You get what they have, most likely a Malibu, Impala or a Cruze. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies. I now have some knowledge so the dealer won't and try and pull a fast one on me. I will ask for a Silverado preferably a LTZ or High Country but whatever I get is good. Sure won't hurt to ask lol

Archived