5th Wheel Guru's

I have not yet had to slide my hitch back to keep it away from the cab. I do however have a profiled nose on the 5th wheel which helps a lot. I can not get closer than about 6" going forward full lock. In reverse, in a bind, on a compound angle I probably could. 03e1360d7f93a3ec6f0b02dd95508344.jpg

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I popped the rear window out of a 2004 2500HD because I didn't use the slider hitch I had when backing the trailer up. The 5th wheel has an extended pin box. The price of the slider is cheap compared to the cost of repairing your truck.

Jay

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD with a 6-1/2 ft. bed. Is a slider 5th wheel hitch necessary coupled to a Morryde pin box ?

I have same truck with a B&W Patriot hitch ( non slider) + I also have same pin box. The new trailers have the contoured nose and I have never come close to an issue. I am in the middle of purchasing a new 2017 HD 3500 CC long bed dually but only so that I have more capacity. 6.5' beds still look the best.

Well, after discussions with a Reese technician and input from "others", I decided that a slider was cheap insurance. Had a Reese Titan 16K hitch, Reese Titan round tube slider, and Reese bed rails installed.

GOPR0022_zpsyoaynyri.jpg

IMAG0131_zpshkna6bod.jpg

Archived