What chassis grease is everyone using?

Getting ready to lube the chassis for the first time, what's your preference?

Been eyeballin: Mobil1, Lucas Red n Tacky 2, Lucas X-tra HD

Whats it got in there from the factory?

I use Schaeffers, but will convert to Mobil 1 or one of the other full synthetics out there (Redline, Royal Purple, etc.) once that supply runs out.

I used Lucas at one time, and it cost me every ball joint, ujoint, and tierod end because it is not even close to being water resistant...and I don't even offroad, and it had rust and water in every joint. The only thing of theirs that ever worked is their fuel injector cleaner...everything else is blah.

Factory is probably whatever the manufacturer of the joint used during assembly, they ikely don't pump grease in them on the assembly line at GM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chassis Lubricant (GM Part No. 12377985, in Canada 88901242) or lubricant meeting requirements of NLGI #2, Category LB or GC-LB.

Copied this from the owner manual on the My Chevrolet app.

Same grease I use for my semi truck, my compact tractor, my zero turn lawn mower, etc.... Schaeffer 274 moly with an aluminum base.

Thanks for reminding me. Getting time for my annual oil change and chassis lube. Last changed on June 12, 2016. Have a whopping 2800 miles on the pickup since the last oil change.

AMSOIL marine. Use it in my trailers, RZR and JD tractor and also in my truck, only need to grease once a year because it does not wash out.

GWR.jpg

I'm actually investigating Schaeffer hydraulic oils for use in my plastic injection molding plant.

I use their hydraulic fluid in several pieces of OPE, no complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived