2017 Duramax Denali or LTZ Z71?

Hi all, I'm trading in my 2014 1500 for my first diesel. I'm debating between these and would like a white one. I know the Denali is the top dog, but I also really dig the white grill that matches the body on the Chevy Z71 sports package. I also really like the yellow LED lights on the roof too.

Then a minute later, the Denali looks really good, and resale is better. The prices is actually almost the same after my trade-in, so that's not a factor.

Please give your opinions. Thanks in advance.

for me i just like the look of the chevy more and yes like u said the roof lights are sweet. the customizable denali cluster is awesome and one of the things that would make me consider getting it. i have to go off road a lot during hunting season through thick stuff and couldn't do so in a denali without some guilt ha

Everyone knows that these are basically identical trucks. Only differences are cosmetic. It is really your preference (my preference in case you could not figure it out is Denali LOL) I like them both and I almost got a diesel but I just never really tow enough to make myself put up with the stiffer ride and extra diesel engine maintenance. Besides I HAD to have the Trifold steps and they do not work on the diesels with that huge ugly DEF tank hanging down....by the way which idiot engineer decided to put the DEF fill spout under the hood this time around. Come on Man

for me i just like the look of the chevy more and yes like u said the roof lights are sweet. the customizable denali cluster is awesome and one of the things that would make me consider getting it. i have to go off road a lot during hunting season through thick stuff and couldn't do so in a denali without some guilt ha

Good reasons there. Also, what do you mean customizable Denali cluster? What is that (I'm very new, sorry).

BTW, where are you in GA? I'm in Powder Springs, west of Marietta. I do some bow hunting.

Everyone knows that these are basically identical trucks. Only differences are cosmetic. It is really your preference (my preference in case you could not figure it out is Denali LOL) I like them both and I almost got a diesel but I just never really tow enough to make myself put up with the stiffer ride and extra diesel engine maintenance. Besides I HAD to have the Trifold steps and they do not work on the diesels with that huge ugly DEF tank hanging down....by the way which idiot engineer decided to put the DEF fill spout under the hood this time around. Come on Man

Learning new stuff now. So with the DEF, I can't have the AMP steps, I assume?

Good reasons there. Also, what do you mean customizable Denali cluster? What is that (I'm very new, sorry).

BTW, where are you in GA? I'm in Powder Springs, west of Marietta. I do some bow hunting.

So the middle of the denali cluster is basically a computer screen(mph and rpm are actual gauges), and there are tons of options you can choose from and pretty sure u can move things around on it but never tried myself. so ur oil temp gauges, gas gauge, etc. will all be digital, and when u turn on the tow/haul the battery gauge is replaced by a transmission gauge temp..i think that is pretty awesome!

i am in marietta, so not far! mostly duck hunt but trying to get my bow set up and practice this summer to hopefully do some hunting, maybe u can give some pointers haha

So the middle of the denali cluster is basically a computer screen(mph and rpm are actual gauges), and there are tons of options you can choose from and pretty sure u can move things around on it but never tried myself. so ur oil temp gauges, gas gauge, etc. will all be digital, and when u turn on the tow/haul the battery gauge is replaced by a transmission gauge temp..i think that is pretty awesome!

i am in marietta, so not far! mostly duck hunt but trying to get my bow set up and practice this summer to hopefully do some hunting, maybe u can give some pointers haha

We can go bow shooting together at the range close by me. Just pm and let me know.

After driving both LTZ plus and Denali 2500hds for a while, the Denali cluster kind of wears off. I drive with audio in the gauges and nav in the dash, so no advantage to the "extras". Denali will have led or hid headlights opposed to the silveraydo's crappy halogens. Huge difference driving at night, so plan on having to add them to the chevy. The gmcs have the wheel opening moulding which helps hide the sheet metal stamping waves on a dark colored chevy, probably will have to really look on the white one to see them. There is an extra row of white stitching, and raised piping on the Denali seats. The Denali comes with 4 cargo anchors standard, 260 extra on the LTZ. I'm pretty sure that lane departure warning is standard on Denali, and extra on LTZ. I always have preferred the chevy look, but the gmcs are nicer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After driving both LTZ plus and Denali 2500hds for a while, the Denali cluster kind of wears off. I drive with audio in the gauges and nav in the dash, so no advantage to the "extras". Denali will have led or hid headlights opposed to the silveraydo's crappy halogens. Huge difference driving at night, so plan on having to add them to the chevy. The gmcs have the wheel opening moulding which helps hide the sheet metal stamping waves on a dark colored chevy, probably will have to really look on the white one to see them. There is an extra row of white stitching, and raised piping on the Denali seats. The Denali comes with 4 cargo anchors standard, 260 extra on the LTZ. I'm pretty sure that lane departure warning is standard on Denali, and extra on LTZ. I always have preferred the chevy look, but the gmcs are nicer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy. Good stuff.

I don't think you can go wrong with any new GMC or Chevy truck. I factory ordered mine and I was undecided between Denali or High Country. My wife likes the Chevy bow tie so we went with the High Country and no regrets. I definitely like the High Country seats more than the Denali seats. I do agree the GMC comes with better lights and that is an upgrade I will do in the future.

You can upgrade the Denali cluster into a Silverado. I've actually got one for my 17' that I'm about to have installed. Just search the forums for people that have already done it. As for the headlights, the Silverado lights do suck. I'm ordering the upgrade kit for the projectors and adding the HID kit from The Retrofit Source which will then actually be better than the GMC factory HID system. The only thing that the GMC had other than the wheel opening moldings is the LED DRL lights in the headlights. Not sure what GM was thinking with the whole Chevy headlight assembly to begin with. I mean a high priced truck with these inadequate lights and no LED's like the rest? But, I also saved $10k on my LTZ vs the similar equipped Denali which came in with less rebates and about $3,500.00 more. So after adding $1,000.00 in upgrades/retrofits, I'm still ahead in the ballgame it seems.

I believe the Denali leather is thicker....I'm not 100% positive but my Denali leather sure seems alot better quality then my buddies 2017 midnight edition 2500...he's actually the one who noticed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived