2017 Duramax Denali or LTZ Z71?

Everyone knows that these are basically identical trucks. Only differences are cosmetic. It is really your preference (my preference in case you could not figure it out is Denali LOL) I like them both and I almost got a diesel but I just never really tow enough to make myself put up with the stiffer ride and extra diesel engine maintenance. Besides I HAD to have the Trifold steps and they do not work on the diesels with that huge ugly DEF tank hanging down....by the way which idiot engineer decided to put the DEF fill spout under the hood this time around. Come on Man

I hear a lot of people complain about the def fill being under the hood, but I prefer it there.

I've heard of people putting diesel in their ford or dodge def tanks, you'd have to be a super idiot to do that on a Chevy when it's under the hood.

I'm not sure what it costs to fix that screw up on a truck, but on a new Kubota skid loader your looking at a $12,000 mess up and it's happened twice in the past year at the dealer I work at.

Another reason the DEF filler belongs under the hood, the stuff is very hard on paint. When I sold Ford Diesels when DEF came out in the 2011 models a gooseneck funnel was included with the truck and a warning not to get the DEF on the paint. I sold Fords, I buy Chevys, what does that tell you.

Archived