Tinted headlight (vht nightshade)

SuperSierra

So I'm thinking about tinting my Sierra's headlights.

Things stopping me are I have no idea what it will look like, and is it against the law?

The law where I'm from was written in 2002 before LED/HID bulbs, the reason I bring it up is because the law says the light must be able to shine 100-150 feet, New light bulbs with projectors surpass that.

Also vht nightshade is translucent.

So should I do it? Or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is against the law, at least in Maryland, but to each their own. I find tinting lights completely retarded, along with windshield tint. It affects safety and can put you at fault for accidents that you typically wouldn't be because other drivers can claim your safety equipment/ lights were covered.

This is how our gene pool evolves :D

It is against the law, at least in Maryland, but to each their own. I find tinting lights completely retarded, along with windshield tint. It affects safety and can put you at fault for accidents that you typically wouldn't be because other drivers can claim your safety equipment/ lights were covered.

This is how our gene pool evolves :D

I think I may of ambiguously worded my plans, I'm planning to "smoke" my headlights, not going to be 100% black or any color for that matter. Just going to be a darker clear

I think I may of ambiguously worded my plans, I'm planning to "smoke" my headlights, not going to be 100% black or any color for that matter. Just going to be a darker clear

check out www.lamin-x.com . I used there stuff on my headlights / ( light smoke) . NO Problem in the last ten years

check out www.lamin-x.com . I used there stuff on my headlights / ( light smoke) . NO Problem in the last ten years

Thanks man I'll look right now

Yep that's just what I'm looking for, I'm not sure if I like the gun smoke or blue more

Yep that's just what I'm looking for, I'm not sure if I like the gun smoke or blue more

mine is call TINT,and its lighter then gun smoke . per talking to them . and it keep the PD off my back . and yes I order again

My question is why? Restricting light output is endangering you and other vehicles who might not see normal headlights at on coming traffic or someone pulling out from a side street, just plain stupid just to have your vehicle look cool. Just put a pair of sunglasses on at night and you will get the same effect as restricted light output. Any tinted headlights and tail lights are illegal around here and it should be.

Get into an accident with tinted heads and tails and see whos fault it is, not worth it just to look cool.

My question is why? Restricting light output is endangering you and other vehicles who might not see normal headlights at on coming traffic or someone pulling out from a side street, just plain stupid just to have your vehicle look cool. Just put a pair of sunglasses on at night and you will get the same effect as restricted light output. Any tinted headlights and tail lights are illegal around here and it should be.

Get into an accident with tinted heads and tails and see whos fault it is, not worth it just to look cool.

I see you don't know what translucent means

I had those tints on an 84 monte carlo SS.. looked like nascar.

aero maker.

gm trucks have been weird since 87.

in fact my 96 has the tiny sized projector like a bmw...best upgrade.

can't play with tints.

going for darker.. there is a way to have a black surrounding within the headlamps, as long as it is projectors. That looks very cool.. and you keep normal lights.

I had those tints on an 84 monte carlo SS.. looked like nascar.

aero maker.

gm trucks have been weird since 87.

in fact my 96 has the tiny sized projector like a bmw...best upgrade.

can't play with tints.

going for darker.. there is a way to have a black surrounding within the headlamps, as long as it is projectors. That looks very cool.. and you keep normal lights.

I think I'm going to smoke them, I called the local police department and he said that it's the same rule of thumb as tinted windows too dark you will draw attention. Tail lights must still be red, and headlights must still be clear

This is fine

49258a1c1f4609c4a44d0f01cfc88e13.png

Tapatalk5b94d554b9286b1acb5537f16ffb8074.png

Archived