Truck's in the shop, loaner gives me an idea...

My loaner is a '17 LTZ with no running boards. I had no idea how much I didnt need/use them. Truck looks like it sits up more than my leveled, stock tired, GMC. I like it. Should I take mine off?

Would the wife be able to get into in the passenger seat?

My loaner is a '17 LTZ with no running boards. I had no idea how much I didnt need/use them. Truck looks like it sits up more than my leveled, stock tired, GMC. I like it. Should I take mine off?

We can't answer that wife question but as a general rule, if she is over 2 fiddy dry, she will need the running boards to get in.

Ha! I anticipated that response in some fashion. She's 5'8" and I guess I'd say she was only 1 fiddy.

Of course, being too lazy to Google "fiddy," I still might have described her as 250#...I assure you, fit and trim. Unlike my 6' 220# self...

Just take your side off, you can't see both sides anyway. J/k, I love my N-Fabs and wouldn't take em off for nothing.

She climbed in, had the same comment about wearing seat bolster faster. On my side, I think I put more pressure on it because I hike myself over it. I don't use the boards.

I just like the Chevy look.

Is this what they call "first world problems?"

She climbed in, had the same comment about wearing seat bolster faster. On my side, I think I put more pressure on it because I hike myself over it. I don't use the boards.

I just like the Chevy look.

Is this what they call "first world problems?"

Getting in is less of a problem than getting out. Most of us turn and slide out, and without a step our butts yank the edge more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and your wife may have no trouble getting in and out of your truck without running boards but passengers may have issues. I got my first set in 1985 to enable my kids to get in and out independently. Now I'm at the stage in life where my friends and I find them necessary!

You and your wife may have no trouble getting in and out of your truck without running boards but passengers may have issues. I got my first set in 1985 to enable my kids to get in and out independently. Now I'm at the stage in life where my friends and I find them necessary!

I hear you, its HELL getting old. :sigh:

it will be harder for her to get in..but i think they look much better w/o them

We can't answer that wife question but as a general rule, if she is over 2 fiddy dry, she will need the running boards to get in.

LMAOOOOOOOOO :rollin:

Hell I showed this to my wife and she said "fiddy" was slang for "fifty." What an idiot I am, have no idea how that escaped me. Then she was insulted. She ain't one fiddy either. Geez...

Archived