1998 tire size recommendations

New to forum, have a 1998 1500 ext cab I acquired that needs tires. has 245/75 16 on it now, was looking at 265/ 75 16, 265/ 70 16 . its stock height just looking for meatier tire. if anyone has pics of their trucks with these can be helpful also

265 75 16 looks right.

I have a 96, it is in the rpo code.. and white lettering. (I still humor that today)

I did find one fault that may be related.. the power steering cooler, on the hot side of pump.

I added a metal pipe, flushed and different clamps..

if you got all accessories like a/c, oil cooler.

I simply found a weeper spot, not a drip. I touched the pipe after a normal drive, it was extreme.

Tires must have a big say in that part of it.

I also have LT load range E. Tough as they get. Nice treads. Adds more sport, or fun appearance.

265 75 16 looks right.

I have a 96, it is in the rpo code.. and white lettering. (I still humor that today)

I did find one fault that may be related.. the power steering cooler, on the hot side of pump.

I added a metal pipe, flushed and different clamps..

if you got all accessories like a/c, oil cooler.

I simply found a weeper spot, not a drip. I touched the pipe after a normal drive, it was extreme.

Tires must have a big say in that part of it.

I also have LT load range E. Tough as they get. Nice treads. Adds more sport, or fun appearance.

thanks appreciate it. my first 1500, other truck is a 05 f150 supercrew. found this 98 had very little rust, been repainted needs couple things like tires, steering box. has the old standard rims but found some gmc 16' that will look nice on it but needed to step it up in tire size

Archived