Any drawbacks to this exhaust exit location? (2016 Silverado 5.3L)

My truck is a 2016 Silverado Regular Cab 5.3L and I'm just looking for a little more sound on acceleration without the drone or chopper sound etc so the muffler shop recommended replacing the muffler with a Magnaflow (not sure the model number), leaving the flapper in and leaving the resonator on. Problem is I don't care for the look of the single exhaust even with the chrome tip on so I was thinking about just cutting where the tape is in the pic and painting the pipe from the resonator back with high temp flat black to basically hide the exhaust. Just wondering if there would be any drawbacks to this ie under the truck getting covered in soot or something I'm not thinking of? Maybe I should add a turn down? Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

20170524_190716_zpst1fncp1i.jpeg

d7ab8394cf35c8b5a5db40a961e2b5df.jpgmine is dumped like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just watch your inspection laws, that under the body dump wouldn't pass PA inspection...they changed the laws a few years ago, and pickups have to dump outside the body now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

On my old truck I dumped it even further back...If im I'm already cutting it I want it mostly hidden...and I cut it at the bottom of the axle saddle so it would be facing down not side ways

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would just watch your inspection laws, that under the body dump wouldn't pass PA inspection...they changed the laws a few years ago, and pickups have to dump outside the body now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jersey only has emissions but it's 5 years after purchase, my truck will be gone by then.

Thanks guys.We don't have annual inspections other than smog in California and similar to wildchevy's New Jersey law new vehicles don't need to be smogged for the first 6 years however we still pay a smog abatement fee or something like that. I'm going to cut it off before I take it in and if it doesn't work out I'm going to ditch the spare so they can run dual tips out under the center of the bumper.

Do you tow - then better off side exit. See link in my sig for muffler options 5.3l included..........

Thanks Krusty and looks like I should make sure they are installing a Magnaflow12589?

Sorry for jumping in your thread here but I have a question and don't want to open a whole new thread. The guy at the exhaust shop said the less exhaust piping I have on will make it louder? Does anyone know if that's true?

Sorry for jumping in your thread here but I have a question and don't want to open a whole new thread. The guy at the exhaust shop said the less exhaust piping I have on will make it louder? Does anyone know if that's true?

imo, yes

Archived