GM Borla Touring ?s

Do they offer the catback system with pipes exiting behind both tires?

Does it eliminate the problems with the afm(helicopter)?

I didn't get into specifics but my dealer told me $1600 and some change for parts and labor; sound about right?

And for those who have it, any complaints?

There is no problem with helicopter sound with the GM Borla as they use the same valve that the original OEM exhaust does.

Do they offer the catback system with pipes exiting behind both tires?

Does it eliminate the problems with the afm(helicopter)?

I didn't get into specifics but my dealer told me $1600 and some change for parts and labor; sound about right?

And for those who have it, any complaints?

I contacted Borla and they said the GM Borla muffler is different than the Borla Borla muffler on the cat backs......

OP, I bought mine from gmpartswarehouse.com for $1,176.25 when all was said and done (exhaust, tips, and shipping). I had it within a week. I took it to a local shop and they installed it for $60.

As far as the exhaust setup, it only comes 2 ways. Dual exit behind the wheel on the passenger side, or both pipes exiting the rear straight back. I chose the side exit and it looks really nice.

I had a 22" magnaflow on the truck before this system. They do sound a lot alike, but the maggie may have been slightly louder. Unfortunately, it droned like hell and I couldn't take it any longer. Plus, it felt like there was no back pressure so the truck kept going into AFM all the time, forcing me to have to give it more gas to kick back over into V8. That has gone away with the GM Borla with the flapper. My mileage has also increased every so slightly according to the HUD and the HUM device I have installed. I highly recommend this exhaust, but I also advise against ordering it through the dealer because they're going to rob you blind. Hope this helps. Good luck with your decision.

OP, I bought mine from gmpartswarehouse.com for $1,176.25 when all was said and done (exhaust, tips, and shipping). I had it within a week. I took it to a local shop and they installed it for $60.

As far as the exhaust setup, it only comes 2 ways. Dual exit behind the wheel on the passenger side, or both pipes exiting the rear straight back. I chose the side exit and it looks really nice.

I had a 22" magnaflow on the truck before this system. They do sound a lot alike, but the maggie may have been slightly louder. Unfortunately, it droned like hell and I couldn't take it any longer. Plus, it felt like there was no back pressure so the truck kept going into AFM all the time, forcing me to have to give it more gas to kick back over into V8. That has gone away with the GM Borla with the flapper. My mileage has also increased every so slightly according to the HUD and the HUM device I have installed. I highly recommend this exhaust, but I also advise against ordering it through the dealer because they're going to rob you blind. Hope this helps. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks! I appreciate the info; just wished there was the option of exiting behind both wheels.....that's about the only hang up at the moment.

Thanks! I appreciate the info; just wished there was the option of exiting behind both wheels.....that's about the only hang up at the moment.

Ya me to I like the look you can have exhaust shop do it for you as others have done on GM trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I.m 99.9% sure Borla makes the dual behind the wheels pipes. I have them on my 6.2 and disabled the AFM so no drone in V4. ...Sounds Awesome!

The borla GM version,maybe at one time but I've looked and the GM version seems only dual out the back or out the back one side.

I've seen non GM version out the back of both tires,I could be wrong but from the research I've done this is what I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I got real lucky $1250 exaust brand new for $600.

I'm getting American Racing 1 and 7/8 inch headers flow cats and going to put this exhaust on my 6.2 Denali 15008e58d6f2131d97fb6b3f18dae54cb874.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

The Regular exhaust from Borla comes with the split side exit as an option. The Borla from GM doesn't. I have a split side exit on my 2017

That is if you have a short box if you have a standard 6.6ft bed your only option is dual rear exit or single behind the tire. You can only get those as a GM part. Borla does not sell them directly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think that I am going with the GM Borla touring catback dual side exit with Black Chrome tips this time but I am not seeing that as an option on the site on the gmpartswarehouse.com site for a 2017 Denali 6.2 CC Std bed. It does show up for a 2016 Denali so I assume it is the same for a 2017 but want to make 100% sure. I guess I will call them tomorrow to check it out.

I got it done at dealership last time (2016 Denali 6.2) and they overcharged me plus I had to make a trip back to fix a rattle. Would much rather have a real exhaust shop to do the install anyway. (I am in the Nashville area also) so would appreciate a referral to that 60 bucks install place if you do not mind........

post-127028-0-46819700-1497227397_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-46819700-1497227397_thumb.jpg

I think that I am going with the GM Borla touring catback dual side exit with Black Chrome tips this time but I am not seeing that as an option on the site on the gmpartswarehouse.com site for a 2017 Denali 6.2 CC Std bed. It does show up for a 2016 Denali so I assume it is the same for a 2017 but want to make 100% sure. I guess I will call them tomorrow to check it out.

I got it done at dealership last time (2016 Denali 6.2) and they overcharged me plus I had to make a trip back to fix a rattle. Would much rather have a real exhaust shop to do the install anyway. (I am in the Nashville area also) so would appreciate a referral to that 60 bucks install place if you do not mind........

I live in Mt Juliet, so not sure how familiar you are with that area. I went to Corner Garage (615) 444-1588 in Lebanon to have it installed. The tech who installed it was very interested in the kit. Said it was the highest quality catback he's ever installed. He said they usually have to weld some because the catbacks that are brought in are not built as good, but the Borla fit perfectly and bolted in just as it should. Took about an hour. Painless. It is still doing great on there. Gives me a semi every time I push button start.

I'm guessing since you have a 6.2, it's a different part #. Mine is a 5.3. I'm sure you could call them and they'll be able to help you get it sorted out. I checked everywhere before I bought mine, and the site I listed was the cheapest. They shipped it rather quickly as well. I believe you will have to type in your VIN just so they can double check to ensure the part is correct for your vehicle. Good luck!

Archived