LFix's 2017 GMC Sierra 4x4

Fix29

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good man! The wheels look nice with the color. People are always asking me what color blue my truck is, I get tons of compliments on it. Do you have a link to the driver assist handle? I definitely need one of those.

Edit: Found the handle after a quick search, duh

Edited by CWilliams
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just some minor mods but very nice touches in my opinion. Finally got around to painting my steering wheel trim silver and also added the DeeZee tailgate assist after color matching the brackets.18d1b2f4d225c46fd162d23949d6f5c8.jpg52980e4c372aff9fbee7c8f1ba1dc0a4.jpga79da1e9d66f420db55d24b9a547dc71.jpg7ced3ce24395482c0917ea32cfa8df3c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Since it won't let me edit the original post I wanted to assemble a list of current mods and future plans for the truck. I've owned the truck for a little over a year now. She started out as a bone stock Elevation edition. I initially wanted a suspension lift and still do, but it seems as if I've done pretty much everything but that to this point lol.

Current mods:

- 4" Fabtech lift

- Zone rear add a leaf

- Moto Metal 970 gloss black/milled 20x10, -24 wheeels

- 33x12.50R20 Atturo Trailblade MT

- Husky rear wheel well liners

- E-AutoGrilles mesh grille

- S&B intake

- Magna Flow muffler dumped after axle

- Syppo tow mirrors w/ color matched caps

- flapper valve clamped open

- partially debadged

- GMC emblems carbon wrapped

- 20% tint on front windows to match the back

- Northern Tool low profile tool box

- DeeZee tailgate assist

- GM driver side assist handle

- stubby antenna

- bed mat

- interior trim pieces painted silver

- removed front valance

- Optic2 LED tail lights

- converted interior lighting from blue to red

Future plans:

- remote start

- Katskinz leather

- heated seats

- swap jump seat for one with the locking lower compartment

- more I'm sure...

Edited by Fix29

Truck looks awesome.  You have really took your time and did things right to make it look amazing and not too over the top.  How hard was it to take out the steering wheel trim?  Thats the only piece that scares me and one that I haven't done to finish out my interior trim.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 12:51 PM, TX LIMO said:

Truck looks awesome.  You have really took your time and did things right to make it look amazing and not too over the top.  How hard was it to take out the steering wheel trim?  Thats the only piece that scares me and one that I haven't done to finish out my interior trim.

Thank you very much. The trim was a bit of a pain but very doable, just take your time. I disconnected the battery and removed the air bag fuse first. There is a T20 torx screw on the back of both trim pieces that you will have to remove and then I was able to wiggle them out after that without removing the air bag from the wheel. There is a pretty decent Youtube video that I watched before attempting mine.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mcampbell said:

Good looking truck. How did you mount the GMC badge behind the grille?

Thank you. There are two plastic nubs that stick out from the shutters. The factory grill has clips that snap into those nubs but the grille I have doesn't utilize them as mounting points so I used them to mount the emblem to. I used self tapping screws and washers to mount thru the tabs on the back of the emblem and into the top of those nubs. I don't have any pics but really pretty simple and the emblem is secure.

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated in a while but I converted all my interior lighting from the Chevy blue to GMC red. I also wrapped some trim pieces and GMC emblems with carbon fiber vinyl.9e75050f1f44ddb54bc93600a6ae9486.jpg400e5969de67b964568ac16712bcf913.jpgbfd0bc0771c7fe52884312ba5fcace8b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...