Traded the 2017 Duramax in

Well, as much as would like to say I was satisfied with the 2017 Sierra HD after just over 4 months and 4500 miles (still never added DEF fluid which I found odd), I decided I am done with GM.

My previous 2014 Sierra had tons of electrical issues, so much so that it was out of service over 60 days in a year and half. I successfully lemon lawed it with a replacement 2017 HD, paying the extra $$$$$ to upgrade to the HD.

I didn't even make it a two months before I started having some of the same electrical problems. Mirrors folding in at night (while no one around) and the glass being aimed in different directions, occasional periods where the dash displays don't 'fire up' for up to 5 minutes, occasional bouts of not having any control over the radio volume for several minutes. That along with the rear view camera being so bright you can't hardly see at night, and the 'surge' after letting off the throttle, which has nearly caused me to bump a car in a parking lot twice, and A prominent 'tick' when slowing down.

I still think GM is a very comfortable truck, and looks nice for sure - just not willing to go down the road of problems again.

4 years of the new body style, and Denali still doesn't have little things like a glove box light, an under the hood light (I know - knit picking but it is a Denali), or a camper package. You can order a snow plow package - but then you can't have sunroof or any sort of up-fitter switches.

These things along with the inflexibility of being able to order what I want on a $72k vehicle have made me switch to a Ford. Ford is way more flexible with what you can get on a truck. I can say that Ford has def stepped up it's game on the 2017 Superduty... Interiors are much nicer too. I got a Lariat, optioned up with most of what the Denali had (and even a few more things) I was able to find what I wanted for 62k.... Best trade in I could get was 58K... Thought I'd get 59-60K trade but nope. Still think I did ok on the trade - just wish I would've done the repurchase version of the lemon law instead of replacement... Wanted to give GM another chance though.

Wishing those with HD's good luck and hopefully mine is anomaly...... Again....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as much as would like to say I was satisfied with the 2017 Sierra HD after just over 4 months and 4500 miles (still never added DEF fluid which I found odd), I decided I am done with GM.

My previous 2014 Sierra had tons of electrical issues, so much so that it was out of service over 60 days in a year and half. I successfully lemon lawed it with a replacement 2017 HD, paying the extra $$$$$ to upgrade to the HD.

I didn't even make it a two months before I started having some of the same electrical problems. Mirrors folding in at night (while no one around) and the glass being aimed in different directions, occasional periods where the dash displays don't 'fire up' for up to 5 minutes, occasional bouts of not having any control over the radio volume for several minutes. That along with the rear view camera being so bright you can't hardly see at night, and the 'surge' after letting off the throttle, which has nearly caused me to bump a car in a parking lot twice, and A prominent 'tick' when slowing down.

I still think GM is a very comfortable truck, and looks nice for sure - just not willing to go down the road of problems again.

4 years of the new body style, and Denali still doesn't have little things like a glove box light, an under the hood light (I know - knit picking but it is a Denali), or a camper package. You can order a snow plow package - but then you can't have sunroof or any sort of up-fitter switches.

These things along with the inflexibility of being able to order what I want on a $72k vehicle have made me switch to a Ford. Ford is way more flexible with what you can get on a truck. I can say that Ford has def stepped up it's game on the 2017 Superduty... Interiors are much nicer too. I got a Lariat, optioned up with most of what the Denali had (and even a few more things) I was able to find what I wanted for 62k.... Best trade in I could get was 58K... Thought I'd get 59-60K trade but nope. Still think I did ok on the trade - just wish I would've done the repurchase version of the lemon law instead of replacement... Wanted to give GM another chance though.

Wishing those with HD's good luck and hopefully mine is anomaly...... Again....

If you have the same issues with the Ford, you might live in a haunted house/on top of an ancient burial ground. Good luck with your new truck!!!

I hope everything works out for you especially after having to deal with 2 bad trucks. Hopefully the third time is the charm. If it is keep that truck forever and never buy another. Lol. Best of luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang around for a while, seriously, hows that Ford. No brand loyalty here, would like an honest comparison between the 2 trucks. Borh are great vehicles, sounds like you got 2 crappy GM's in a row, though. That sucks. But, you still have owned both recently, I'm interested in your opinion on the comparison of them.

Yes please keep us posted & give us a fair comparison on that 18K diff. in trade, BTW what will you be using this truck for? I've had 3 new GM trucks in a row & have never had a problem with them...

Funny how all the complaining about him losing money on trading a truck he wanted out of, comes from other people. I think the OP did the right thing, no bitching, no anger, just went for a different truck. Good luck ShagMax.

Funny how all the complaining about him losing money on trading a truck he wanted out of, comes from other people. I think the OP did the right thing, no bitching, no anger, just went for a different truck. Good luck ShagMax.

Funny how you actually believe his story.

That is really saying something. Buying a new vehicle with a $18k loss! I sure hope you're happy with the new truck. I'd hate to see the loss if you need to drop the Ford and get into a Ram or Nissan. Best of luck. I know I would have a really hard time taking a loss like that and gamble that the Ford wouldn't have ANY issues cause if it did I would never let myself live it down. Cheers!

My dad just traded his brand new ford in because of front suspension issues. He stayed with Ford but he went from the f150 king ranch to f250 fx4 powerstroke. I haven't heard him complain about it yet. Meanwhile I am enjoying my 14 z71 Silverado. The my link is sluggish, but for what it is I can deal with it and I did have a leaky oil pan twice but the dealer took care of it and all is good.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with your trucks OP. Good luck with the Ford.

2014 Silverado Z71

Archived