My 2017 3.6L Colorado Thread

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new 2017 Colorado LT 3.6 v6 Crew Cab Long Box, silver. It had 340 miles when I bought it today. Now at 380 miles. I purchased the oil change program, and bumper-to-bumper program for years/100,000 miles. Before the warranty programs that I added I was at $31,900 for the truck. The local dealership was having a sale on this one.

I will be updating this thread here and there with info, thoughts, pro's, and con's. I will be putting between 22-28K miles on it per year.

I came from a 2006 F-250 6.0 Powerstroke 4dr Long Bed Lariat FX4. Big change, but I love this Colorado. I have been eyeing them since they returned.

DAY 1:

Driving around town so far I have been getting 21-22 mpg. Shifts nicely, has a lot of get up and go. I love the loaded options.

Thanks - Preston

Edited by silverbullet3.6
  • Like 1

Good evening everyone,

Well the boy hit 500 miles on my way home, first time driving it to work and back.

post-173366-0-89115000-1496284491_thumb.jpg

So far, I haven't come up with any complaints. But it is still VERY early. I took the back roads home to exercise it more than just freeway driving. Its so quiet inside the cab, no road noise, that I find myself speeding.

It is very comfy inside too. I can't wait to take it to Moses Lake and back or to Western Washington and back. 1) to see if the comfy level stays, 2) to see the fuel mileage, 3) to see how it handles the steep hills and mountains.

Another pic I snapped today:

post-173366-0-12872000-1496284477_thumb.jpg

Thanks - P

Edited by MikeNH

May sure you join us over at Coloradofans.com

That board is a little more active than this one for the Colorado and Canyon twins.

Cheers!

I will check that out. I don't like joining multiple sites. But I am surprised at this part of forum being so quiet. I might just start this thread over there where your talking about. Thanks - P

I will check that out. I don't like joining multiple sites. But I am surprised at this part of forum being so quiet. I might just start this thread over there where your talking about. Thanks - P

yea, this forum is more active with full size truck owners. The Coloradofans.com is a better spot if you want active members.

Looks good. I thought real hard about the Colorado before I bought mine. Nice looking trucks, and the idea of the diesel was intriguing to me as well!

Having owned three diesels in the past, I know that with the newer and newer they are getting, the more they cost to maintain. I just didn't want to go down that road.

Thank you for the compliment.

Also, since owning a diesel previously, I have found that the Torque Pro app may not be needed with this new truck as it has quite a bit of info in the dash. The only thing I don't see it Engine oil temp on the digital dash, but I don't know if its worth having my tablet and bluetooth adapter hooked up for only a couple of PID's.

I have found that on bumping roads or little roughness in the roads I have a clattering noise on the front drivers side dash speaker.

A little annoying, might have the dealership take a look.

I just realized my thread title is all messed up, it is suppose to read "My 2017 3.6L Colorado". Maybe a Moderator will fix it for me......... Anyways...............

Well, today I went and filled up the truck.

The only thing going on right now is sometimes a little noise in the defrost vent at the windshield when on a bumpy road. Like hearing a large flying bug caught in some window blinds. Comes and goes, not to much of an irritant. If it continues I might have Chevy take a look.

At first I though it was at the front driver dash speaker.

Oh yeah, and then went and picked up a little bit of cereal.

post-173366-0-81529800-1496551414_thumb.jpg

I probably should have picked up a little more milk. Haha

Edited by MikeNH

I just realized my thread title is all messed up, it is suppose to read "My 2017 3.6L Colorado". Maybe a Moderator will fix it for me.........

Maybe...

• Like 1