My 2017 3.6L Colorado Thread

Well, I finished my round trip yesterday. I was surprised at my fuel mileage :D . I went over many steep hills, and some mountain passes.

post-173366-0-78924600-1497282073_thumb.jpg

I ended with 26.2mpg's when I got home. I will update a fuel mileage pic when I go to fuel up again. I am going to see how many miles I can get out of this tank when the fuel light comes on.

Thanks - P

Edited by MikeNH
  • Like 1

Well, just shy of 1800 miles.

This morning I put my coffee on top of the roof of the passengers side, while putting my backpack in the truck, and noticed that the plastic stripping in the roof groove was loose.

To the point of if I would have left today without seeing that, it probably would have blown off on the freeway. Anyways, I snapped it all back in. Just was interesting to see that.

No complaints on the truck........ yet. :fingersx:

• Like 1

Good evening y'all. I took a load of miscellaneous stuff to the dump on Sunday with my converted snowmobile trailer. Weighed about 1300 lbs.

Today I hit the 2,000 mile mark on the way to work. Forgot to take a pic of it. :rolleyes:

Edited by silverbullet3.6
  • Like 1

Good evening y'all. I took a load of miscellaneous stuff to the dump on Sunday with my converted snowmobile trailer. Weighed about 1300 lbs.

Today I hit the 2,000 mile mark on the way to work. Forgot to take a pic of it. :rolleyes:

I had 15 bags of quikrete in my bed, 80 lbs each. So about 1200 lbs. Plus two passengers in the cab. Truck handled perfect! Its a great truck.

I just rolled 5100 miles this morning. Gonna be time for an oil change soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. I have been back for a week now. Enjoying driving the truck again. Looks like a Tonnaeu cover may be in order instead of the bed liner. I can't seem to make up my mind. :lol:

I have decided to go with roll on bedliner to protect the bed. Thankfully I have done a couple massive projects with it. So it won't look like a boob attempted it. Gawd, some people I see do it can really F*&$ it up.

Just so you guys know I will be using the Dupli-Color Bed Armor. This is the same product I have used on previous projects. Still looks great after over 5 years on the one job I did for another truck.

bedarmor.png

And then a quart for extra thickness and coverage.

I won't be doing this project for another three weeks though. Going on a cruise two weeks, and too busy with work right now.

- Preston

I don't know about this.. something's are better left to the professionals.. spray in bed liners is one of them. Brand new truck? I would definitely bring it in for line-x or rhino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about this.. something's are better left to the professionals.. spray in bed liners is one of them. Brand new truck? I would definitely bring it in for line-x or rhino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the majority of folks out there I agree with what you say here, but like I said before........ Thankfully I know what I am doing. And I have done MANY a jobs with this product.....

But for now I am going to be getting a tonnaeu cover, or so I think............

Edited by silverbullet3.6

• 5 weeks later...

Well. Just an update. I am now at 4,700 miles on the truck, quite a few miles since buying it on May 29th this year. Nothing to complain about still.........

Other than my oldest boy put a small dent in the center lower part of my bumper :nonod:

Thanks - P

Well, yesterday I hit the 5,000 mile marker. At 5,300 miles today.

Did 370 miles yesterday, went up a lot of mountain passes, drove great. I am not missing my Ford like I thought I would, going from 700 ft/lbs of torque to 275 ft/lbs of torque.

• Like 1

Have you done the bed armor yet?

I just rolled 7400 miles in my truck. I love it more and more.

No, I havent done anything to the truck yet. All those plans with the Bed Armor, and Bed cap have been put on hold for awhile.

You and I must be the same situation as far as driving the hell out of our trucks. :D

• Like 1

No, I havent done anything to the truck yet. All those plans with the Bed Armor, and Bed cap have been put on hold for awhile.

You and I must be the same situation as far as driving the hell out of our trucks. :D

You are definitely catching up on me. I've had mine since March.

You are definitely catching up on me. I've had mine since March.

Well, I will be racking up some more miles this weekend. I have to move my sister in law up to Moses Lake from Moxee. Ugh :sigh: ........

I am gonna take the tilt bed trailer, but at least I will be in a comfortable ride.

Then Sunday morning, I am going to take it off road to scout for Coyotes. :M16:

• Like 1

Went fishing yesterday in the truck, and then went on some gravel roads with it. I am so happy driving this truck off road versus my F-250 I had.

Being not as wide and a little shorter makes it easier to maneuver on the trails.

Today I took the boys scouting for Coyotes. Heard to two them howling/barking this morning, and found a bunch of scat in one spot. Now I know where to setup next time. Roads were pretty rough where I was, but nothing the truck couldn't handle.

I am still contemplating taking off the air dam. But since I drive so many miles per week I think I will leave it one until it looks like S*#& from all the rough trails, then maybe take it off.

I will have to get some pictures next time I am out on the trails.

Just about to hit 6k miles.