Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

2018 GMC Yukon Denali - Image and Details

post-139450-0-13274200-1496152305_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5-30-2017

The GMC Yukon Denali evolves a bit for the 2018 model year. The two big changes are a new 10-speed automatic transmission and a new grill.

GMC says that the new Hydra-Matic 10-speed transmission has a wider 7.39 overall gear ratio spread. When paired with Yukon Denali’s 6.2L V-8 engine it- "Enhances refinement with world-class shift smoothness, responsiveness, and quietness." We checked the EPA's website to see if the fuel economy changed for 2018, but it has not yet been listed.

The grill is sculpted and "multidimensional" in GMC's lingo. “The new grille, which is flanked by HID headlamps and LED Signature Lighting, advances the design legacy established with the very first Yukon Denali in 1999,” said Matt Noone, director, Global GMC Exterior Design. “It’s a more exciting and sophisticated design, while remaining instantly recognizable as part of the GMC Denali family.” The grill also increases airflow to the radiator, which is never a bad thing.

One additional design element for 2018 is the addition of Mastique Ash real wood trim.

I would take this any day over the Tahoe.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Similar Content

• By awc
      So, I'm lost. My truck will want to turn right all the time, you have to hold it on the road. Highway, low speed, doesn't matter. I've replaced the upper ball joints, upper control arm bushings, Pitman arm, idler arm, steering box, calipers, pads, rotors, steering stabilizer and front shocks. Checked the lower ball joints and wheel bearings but they are free and have no play. Had it aligned twice by Merchants. The guy was cool, he brought me in and showed me the machine and worked with me. He let me drive it after everything was done and we tried again but he was even lost and apologized. On the machine it was perfect. On the road not so much. I bought new Cooper Discover A/T's and some Dick Cepeks recently but nothing changed after the upgrade. Went with a bigger tire but the issue persisted after the change. 

So the only things I haven't changed are the lower ball joints, inner / outer tie rods, wheel bearings, and ????. I even went as far as to park my truck on flat ground and measured the height of the front fenders and re-adjusted the torsion bars to match everything up hoping for some improvement. 

Its very squirrelly at highway speed. The larger tires seemed to have amplified the issue. Wanders fairly badly now.

any help will be much appreciated

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      8-27-2017
      The 2018 GMC Canyon is a carry-over year. Most changes are cosmetic or updates. Here is the quick list of what is to come for the new 2018 GMC Canyon:

Changes:
      New 4SB All Terrain model available after start of production All Terrain model is now available with (H2U) Jet Black leather-appointed seating
      New Black All Terrain grille center insert and lower bumper fascia
      (IOB) 7" diagonal Color Touch Screen with IntelliLink is now standard on 2SA, 2VL and 4VL (was available on 2VL and 4VL in 2017 model year)
      Color Changes: - Additions
      (GD1) Marine Blue Metallic
      (G9K) Satin Steel Metallic
      Color Changes - Deletions
      (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
      (GWX) Bronze Alloy Metallic

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      8-27-2017
      The 2018 GMC Sierra is a carry-over year. Most changes are cosmetic or updates. Here is the quick list of what is to come for the new 2018 GMC Sierra:

Changes:
      (IOB) GMC Infotainment System with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1SA models
      (UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1SA Regular Cab models
      (UVC) Rear Vision Camera is now standard on all models (was available on 1SA models 17MY)
      (UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert
      (PDD) Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera
      (SXL) Elevation Edition no longer includes (IOB) IntelliLink Radio with 7" diagonal colour touch-screen and (UVC) Rear Vision Camera

(G2X) Deep Mahogany Metallic
      (GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat

(G1E) Crimson Red Tintcoat
      (GMU) Pepperdust Metallic

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      8-22-2017
      The 2018 model year is not a redesign year for the Chevy Colorado. It is really only entering its third year. Changes are mainly updates and trim and color changes. Here is a succinct, easy to read list of what changes and the order codes. GM has not done a press release on the 2018 Colorado yet. If there are other changes to highlight when GM does so we will update this list.

New Features:
      (CTT) Trailering assist with guidelines (included with [5G8] Tow/Haul Mode)
      (DG6) Outside heated power-adjustable, body-color mirrors (standard on Z71 and ZR2 models)
      (HH3) Black leather-appointed seating available on Z71 models

(G9K) Satin Steel Metallic
      (GD1) Kinetic Blue Metallic

(G7Z) Laser Blue Metallic
      (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
      (GWX) Brownstone Metallic

Changes to Note:
      (GWM) Deepwood Green Metallic is now available on LT and Z71 trim levels
      (IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 2SA, 2WT and 4WT models
      (PCP) Custom Special Edition no longer includes (IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen
      (PDB) Shoreline Special Edition-LT Cloth Package is now available on Crew Cab models
      (PDC) Shoreline Special Edition-Luxury Package is now available on Crew Cab models

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      8-21-2017
      The 2018 model year is not a redesign year for the Chevy Silverado. Changes are mainly updates and trim and color changes. Here is a succinct, easy to read list of what changes and the order codes

Every Special Edition Trim:
      Black Out Edition – available on WT
      Special Ops Edition – available on WT
      Rally 1 Edition – offered on Custom
      Rally 2 Edition – offered on LT Z71 (2LT) with double cab or crew cab
      Redline Edition – offered on LT Z71 (2LT) All Star with double cab and LTZ Z71 (2LZ) with crew cab
      Midnight Edition – offered on LT Z71 (2LT) All Star with double cab and LTZ Z71 (2LZ) with crew cab
      Realtree Edition – offered on LTZ Z71 (2LZ)
      High Desert Package – offered on LT, LTZ and High Country
      Z71 Package – offered on LT and LTZ
      All Star Edition – offered on LT
      Texas Edition – offered on LT and LTZ (offered in Ark., La., N.M., Okla. and Texas)
      :
      New Features and Trims:
      Silverado Custom (1CX) is now available on Crew Cab models
      eAssist Packages are now available nationwide
      New box side decals on "Z71" and "4x4" models
      (PDZ) Custom Value Package
      (PCQ) LTZ eAssist Package
      (PDM) High Country Deluxe

(GPJ) Cajun Red Tintcoat
      (G2X) Havana Metallic

(G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat
      (GMU) Pepperdust Metallic

Changes to Note:
      (IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1WT models
      (UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1WT Regular Cab models
      (UVC) Rear Vision Camera is standard on all models (was available on 1WT, 1LS and 1CX 17MY)
      (UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert
      (PCM) WT Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera
      (KI4) Power Outlet, 110-volt is now free flow option on 1LS. Was part of (PDZ) LS Convenience Package for 17MY
      (PCP) Custom Convenience Package now includes (UE1) OnStar and (U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio
      (Q5U) 17" wheels are now standard on 1LS Crew Cab models

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Millie Gregory
    Newest Member
    Millie Gregory
  • Who's Online   57 Members, 1 Anonymous, 338 Guests (See full list)