Wrong oil used at dealership?

I would definitely complain...The service dept at my dealer is top notch. I can' say I have had one compliant. Its also nice they wash and vacuum the vehicle every time.

ditto!

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have 4 free oil changes with my 17... the dealer out here won't touch it like any other vehicle I have. They are just sloppy from experience and don't grease anything either so why bother lol. The truck is a demo and has the stumpy oil filter as per... not that I will use that moving forward either... EAO17 just like I use on my 14 Impala lol.

The one an only time I let the dealer change the oil.

I was driving the truck home after I picked it up and even if I touched the throttle a little the oil pressure would peg.

I get home and the oil is so high up on the dipstick I can't even get a read off of it.

I took out 2.6 quarts before the level was correct.

They wanted me to bring the truck back in as there must be an issue. I told them the only issue works for them...

It will not go back for another oil change.

The one an only time I let the dealer change the oil.

I was driving the truck home after I picked it up and even if I touched the throttle a little the oil pressure would peg.

I get home and the oil is so high up on the dipstick I can't even get a read off of it.

I took out 2.6 quarts before the level was correct.

They wanted me to bring the truck back in as there must be an issue. I told them the only issue works for them...

It will not go back for another oil change.

Sorry, Bud! I let them do mine 1qty time even with my conscience telling me, "don't do it" Yup, they overfilled it by almost 1qt. I was told don't worry it shouldn't hurt anything? Your correct overfilling crankcase oil has no ill effect what was I thinking?

I'm the OP. I haven't been back to the dealership since this happened. I have received a few letters in the mail with discounted offers for oil changes but there is no way I can comfortably let them work on my truck. I changed the oil recently. The wrong oil filter was on there (pf63- which I knew about) the filter was so tight that the oil filter wrench crushed the filter- really!!. I had to use pliers to get it off. The stupid thing is I do the maintenance myself now and if there were to be an issue the dealership will probably blame me and void my warranty. But then again I probably won't have an issue now that maintenance is being done properly.

Archived