Throttle response is poor.

FYI. I did this on my 2017 adj pedal 1 st week I owned it. As I had the lag in throttle respinse which I hated

This a DBW. System if you look closley the pedal does not hit the sensor immediately when you touch the pedal so shumming the back plate moves the pedal up against the sensor for immediate response does not matter whether adj or not lift up on pedal and shim til pedal barely touchs sensor my truck needed s 5/16 shim so some may only need a paint stick some you want the pedal to just bsrely toych sensor for best improvement. Suppose its possible to overshim and have pressure in sensor sll the time so ck your idle rpm dont go up. Not dure if that possible though

FYI. I did this on my 2017 adj pedal 1 st week I owned it. As I had the lag in throttle respinse which I hated

This a DBW. System if you look closley the pedal does not hit the sensor immediately when you touch the pedal so shumming the back plate moves the pedal up against the sensor for immediate response does not matter whether adj or not lift up on pedal and shim til pedal barely touchs sensor my truck needed s 5/16 shim so some may only need a paint stick some you want the pedal to just bsrely toych sensor for best improvement. Suppose its possible to overshim and have pressure in sensor sll the time so ck your idle rpm dont go up. Not dure if that possible though

Suppose, I had a giant kielbasa sausage in my mouth and my fat DICKK fingers were punching away on a Apple 4S like yourself then maybe I could understand you?

The pedal is spring loaded! Moving the backside of it does nothing to throttle input. It just stops the bracket from moving with the pedal. I could put a cinder block in there and the throttle input would be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL yes typed to fast the point is shimming the bracket closes the gap to the input sensor so you get better response you can buy an aftermarket electronic throttle enhancer that does the same thing gas pedal on a DBW system just tells the ECM how much throttle % via the sensor If you have ever had the assembly out it would make sense

• 2 years later...

4889a6bf1ebef072ea8cc3bf16431028.jpg

That's the fix, the new model trucks gas pedal has too much flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...WAAY too much flex (should’ve taken a video!)

I noticed this week after trading in my ‘07 Yukon with 208K for a 2015 with 67K that I’m holding up traffic everywhere.  Just not getting up to speed like before.  I just fixed my adjustable pedals (different thread) but this is really the problem.

Even though I’m from Wisconsin, the paint stick/wood fix is too “farmer” for me (or this sharp truck) so tomorrow I’ll slide in some black composite shims and GM can have credit for the nice responsive throttle because nobody will ever see them!

AF74CF81-34EE-47EC-981C-A9F6DE68841B.jpeg