1998 c1500 2wd xcab front end leveling

Have you already tried adjusting the torsion bars? You can get an inch or 2 of front end lift for free if you own a wrench. I don't know how much "level" you need, but I lifted the front end of my old '98 up considerably by this method when I put a snow plow on and it worked great.

go at it like a newer truck.. geometry of upper arm may be too short.

not sure how unlevel you are.

these trucks have a positive rake, determine correct by the roof line (as curvy as it seems - there is a level line)

I was told I didn't have torsion bars.

watch this video to see what they look like, then look under your truck.

All the trucks of that generation had them. Brand new half-tons do not, but I had them on my 1998.

** correction**

I checked back to your profile and see you have a RWD truck. So I guess you may not have torsion bars on the front then. Here in WI, there aren't too many 2wd trucks left, so I didn't even think about that.

If I was in your position I would just do spacers for a modest 1-2" lift. but I have not done it, so I can't give any specific advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a 2wd 97 that I levelled with a 2" spacer, it allowed me to clear the 31's I had on the truck, and it didn't make my suspension angles too bad. My 91 2wd is levelled/lifted with a 4" lift spindle and it didn't change the suspension angles at all. I gained plenty of ground clearance and more importantly ride height in traffic. I can clear 33's now with no problem.

Archived