PSA: Why these trucks have a low speed limiter.

My 92 Chevy has the original shaft. It's stroked with a whipple sometimes 10LBS of boost. I rarely go over 120, but taking off hard and long smoking burn outs are common. Technology must be going backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 92 Chevy has the original shaft. It's stroked with a whipple sometimes 10LBS of boost. I rarely go over 120, but taking off hard and long smoking burn outs are common. Technology must be going backwards.

Power becomes more an issue when you exceed critical speed. And then it isn't just looking at power and speed, you have to look at what your actual drive shaft speed is, if you have 3.08's with 32" tires you are probably never going to hit the drive shaft's critical speed.

Taking off hard and long smoking burnouts isn't going to flinch even a stock drive shaft unless you are doing it on drag radials. Too easy to overcome traction.

Power becomes more an issue when you exceed critical speed. And then it isn't just looking at power and speed, you have to look at what your actual drive shaft speed is, if you have 3.08's with 32" tires you are probably never going to hit the drive shaft's critical speed.

373 with 17s, it's lowered handles like a sports car. It's seen north of 120 a few times smooth as glass, like I said technically is going backwards. I do have a loop just in case. Pays to be prepared.

373 with 17s, it's lowered handles like a sports car. It's seen north of 120 a few times smooth as glass, like I said technically is going backwards. I do have a loop just in case. Pays to be prepared.

I am looking at going to 3.73's myself given that the 6 speed is about useless in the first 3 gears with the 4.56's. Had I already the truck would of been going over 120 when the driveshaft let go.

I just don't think a 63" driveshaft should be taken over 4500 rpm's when you are making in excess of 700hp.

I am looking at going to 3.73's myself given that the 6 speed is about useless in the first 3 gears with the 4.56's. Had I already the truck would of been going over 120 when the driveshaft let go.

I just don't think a 63" driveshaft should be taken over 4500 rpm's when you are making in excess of 700hp.

Im not much into high speed anymore, if your doing 1/4 miles you should be able to handle 120-130.

Im not much into high speed anymore, if your doing 1/4 miles you should be able to handle 120-130.

That is the goal, I would like to be safe up to 130-140 as that will give me some buffer. The 4.56 gears were great until I put the blower on. Now they are way to damn short and combined with the short tires something has to change, ring and pinion is probably the most cost effective.

Archived