Weathertech or GM Premium Liners

As the title suggests I'm looking for some feedback. I'm awaiting delivery of my Silvy and have ordered it with the GM liners but I wonder if they are as good as the Weathertech ones. Can anyone that has the GM ones weight in here and let me know. If you could do it over would you go with the Weathertech ones? I'm not worried about the cost difference. There is about $60CDN difference the GM ones being cheaper.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gm ones I think are better looking but they leave the space by the accelerator pedal unprotected. Had to clean the carpet in that area after winter. I still would have went with the gm ones. They match the cocoa interior great!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#1 Husky Liners Nice, thick, but bendable rubber. Cut exactly to fit you floor. They don't move. High sides to contain dirt/ spills. I have the full floor cover for back seat of my CC as well. Would recommend.

#2 GM they are fine

#3 Weathertech These are too stiff and can slide around. The product is smooth and hard. Think vinyl work truck floor. Maybe the drivers one is okay since it has the little pegs to hold it in, but for other passenger mats they really suck. You'll be constantly readjusting them.

#1 Husky Liners Nice, thick, but bendable rubber. Cut exactly to fit you floor. They don't move. High sides to contain dirt/ spills. I have the full floor cover for back seat of my CC as well. Would recommend.

#2 GM they are fine

#3 Weathertech These are too stiff and can slide around. The product is smooth and hard. Think vinyl work truck floor. Maybe the drivers one is okay since it has the little pegs to hold it in, but for other passenger mats they really suck. You'll be constantly readjusting them.

I never have had to adjust any of my WeatherTech mats...

I never have had to adjust any of my WeatherTech mats...

My in-laws have them in the suburban. The rear ones are always jammed up under the front seats, curling the edges. Passenger one slides around because the bottom is too smooth. they deform easily. once the edges are curled, they will never fit right again. Like I said before, your drivers mat has pegs that hold it in place. how are your other mats?

Based on my experience with both husky and weathertech, I would never pay for weathertech. take that however you want.

I agree, Husky then GM then Weathertech but just like anything you will find people that love each and hate each so it will be up to you. I have the GM ones because the Husky did not match my cocoa dune interior.

I have the OEM GM ones but for the rear i got the full one that goes under the seat and cover the entire rear area. I got it cheap off ebay. Very well made and perfectly formed. I will get fronts before winter as well.

My in-laws have them in the suburban. The rear ones are always jammed up under the front seats, curling the edges. Passenger one slides around because the bottom is too smooth. they deform easily. once the edges are curled, they will never fit right again. Like I said before, your drivers mat has pegs that hold it in place. how are your other mats?

Based on my experience with both husky and weathertech, I would never pay for weathertech. take that however you want.

Never had any issue with either of the fronts or the back moving at all. The passenger may outside lip was curled a little when I received it and the only way I could get it to what it was supposed to be was with my heat gun but since then it hasn't moved or anything since.

I think the overall consensus over the years is Husky XActs in the front, Weathertechs for the rear. I had WTs for the fronts for three years and decided to swap them out for Husky's. The WTs provide more coverage up the sides and door sill but as others have mentioned, they did slide around; especially on the passenger side. The GMs would be perfect if the covered under the accelerator pedal.

I like my GM ones for the door sill protection. I modified mine and added a piece for under the pedal. Works great and the carpet is protected now

My truck has the GM ones and I was prepared to order the WT's. But I'm gonna wait and see what I think this winter. The GM ones seem good enough.

I like the WT's in my Wife's Enclave, there's a little wonkyness with the sliding middle seats, but they did fit quite well.

Search the forums. There are already 2 or 3 long threads with pictures that discuss the pros/cons.

I just did and found nothing. Do you by chance have any links?

I have the Husky X-act Contour floor mats up front and have been very pleased with them.

Here are some discussion threads:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/169768-husky-x-act-vs-weatherbeater

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/168312-husky-x-act-contour-or-husky-weatherbeater

Archived