Chemical Guys Products

I've always used strictly Meguiar's products but am now considering switching to Chemical Guys. What are their best products in everyone's opinions? I wash my black Silverado every weekend and will probably buy the soap and tire dressing in gallon containers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their Citrus Wash and Gloss is a great car wash. It's the only one I use.

I have had good results with their Jet Seal synthetic sealant as well as their X-seal Carnauba wax/sealant.

I also like their "Natural Shine" dressing. But I like Adams interior detailer better, so I use the NS on tires and trim now.

But I agree, there is a lot of marketing hype built into CG's products.

Thanks for the replies, I'm still on the fence about wether or not to switch. I'll wait until I run out of Meguiars and decide then... it's gonna be awhile lol

12 if the Meguiars is working for your needs I feel just save your cash. Meguiars Ultimate Wash, 303 Protectant, Zymol Detailer, Stoner Glass Cleaner, and Pinnacle Souveran Wax have been my go to products for about 3+ years. Once I finish the Souveran might try P100S or Collinite as they run far less coin. Pinnacle is super easy to apply and remove so might bite the bullet and buy it again.

With the exception of the Pinnacle everything is available at Wally World.

12 if the Meguiars is working for your needs I feel just save your cash. Meguiars Ultimate Wash, 303 Protectant, Zymol Detailer, Stoner Glass Cleaner, and Pinnacle Souveran Wax have been my go to products for about 3+ years. Once I finish the Souveran might try P100S or Collinite as they run far less coin. Pinnacle is super easy to apply and remove so might bite the bullet and buy it again.

With the exception of the Pinnacle everything is available at Wally World.

Thanks!

There's a deal going on right now for

• 16oz. Chemical Guys Jet Seal Sealant and Paint Protectant
  • Chemical Guys Pete's 53' Black Pearl Carnauba Paste Wax
  • 3x Towels
  • 2x Sponges

$30 + tax shipped after coupon. Says it won't be delivered for a few months, but i figured it was a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018M31X48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

• 3x Towels
  • 2x Sponges

$30 + tax shipped after coupon. Says it won't be delivered for a few months, but i figured it was a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018M31X48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

just order it from their site. says in stock

http://www.chemicalguys.com/JetSeal_Pete_s_53_Kit_6_Items_p/hol_111.htm

I recently did the switch to CG stuff when i got the truck. So far so good. Their stuff is pretty good and I find better then Meguiar's stuff

• 3x Towels
  • 2x Sponges

Back to $69 now

• 3 weeks later...

• 3x Towels
  • 2x Sponges

just got an email saying my order shipped and will be here tomorrow.

how hard would it be to apply this stuff by hand? I still need to get a DA polisher

just got an email saying my order shipped and will be here tomorrow.

how hard would it be to apply this stuff by hand? I still need to get a DA polisher

Going to take 4+ hours by hand, make sure to switch out the pad half way through.

Takes me just under 2 hours for wash, clay bar, black light glaze, jet seal sealant, followed by Petes Wax. I use a Porter Cable 7424xp though.

I got that deal from Amazon, was a steal since the Pete's is $25+ already by itself.

Going to take 4+ hours by hand, make sure to switch out the pad half way through.

Takes me just under 2 hours for wash, clay bar, black light glaze, jet seal sealant, followed by Petes Wax. I use a Porter Cable 7424xp though.

I got that deal from Amazon, was a steal since the Pete's is $25+ already by itself.

Gotcha.

Amazon had a CG TORQx combo with a bunch of pads on sale yesterday for $140 that I almost got. But some of the reviews for that TORQ mentioned that it might not be powerful enough to cut through heavy swirls. So I'm going to keep watching for a better combo deal.

Archived