Snow Plow Torsion Bars

Why? What's so hard about mounting tires on rims?

They changed their policy and insurance will not allow for installing larger then recommended size tires. Their is no buddy system or knowing a manager to get it done, it's black and white now, they won't even install a slightly bigger tire.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They changed their policy and insurance will not allow for installing larger then recommended size tires. Their is no buddy system or knowing a manager to get it done, it's black and white now, they won't even install a slightly bigger tire.

IC. I guess a lot of truc owners will be going elsewhere then.

Just bought some Level 8 wheels, Scorpions, 18 x 9 +18 offset, like 5.7 inches of backspacing, will mount stock SRA's on them to wear them out a little more before getting new tires. Will be able to compare vibe issues with new wheels and known tires, then new tires, and see if vibrations creep in.

Asked specifically to the guy at Discount about mounting 35's onto the new wheels when the time comes, said no problem, that wheel is in spec to mount a 12.50 and bigger tires. Time will tell, I put a lot of miles on my truck, won't take long to put another 15,000 miles on the SRA's.

• 2 weeks later...

Scorpion wheels weren't available any more, so I just ordered a set of Moto Metal 984's, Matte Gray w black inserts, same 18x9 +18 offset. Going to run the SRA'a to the point where I can say I have worn them out enough to get new tires, I find the SRA's acceptable. Again the guy told me they would mount big tires when the time comes, we'll see...

Scorpion wheels weren't available any more, so I just ordered a set of Moto Metal 984's, Matte Gray w black inserts, same 18x9 +18 offset. Going to run the SRA'a to the point where I can say I have worn them out enough to get new tires, I find the SRA's acceptable. Again the guy told me they would mount big tires when the time comes, we'll see...

Again they will not mount oversized tires on stock rims, the rim size must be a exceptable width for the tire. The rims you are getting at 9in. wide and will except some wide tires!

• 1 month later...

Have installed the front Bilstein shocks, what a difference, smooth, more controlled. These 5160's seem way better than the 5100's I've had on other trucks. Will be getting rears soon,want to match that nice ride in the front now.

• 2 months later...

Sooo, I got a great deal on the regular cab work truck seen here, stickered at 40,500 bucks, got it for 31K.  Made big payments and had a lot of equity in my 2016, and like an idiot, I saw an internet deal on a 2017 and went and looked at a 2017 DC reg bed 4x4 SLE, all kinds of nice options listed on the net for 45K and change, sticker, just a tad under 53 grand. End of the year, end of the month, last day of the month in the evening, they wanted their factory money for numbers of vehicles sold for the month. Got the new silver truck for $42,400, had to talk them into giving my 27 K for the regular cab, I'll switch over the bumper and winch, they can have the tires and wheels. Didn't go there to buy, but I got a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper nation wide warranty, and a life time dealership drivetrain warranty, I was almost out of the warranty on the 2016 regular cab, AND lowered mister payment by a gigantic 87 dollars, so way cool.

No pics yet, just drove it home. First thing I did was post in here,    I am an idiot...

The new truck has a rear window defroster, so I checked for VYU snow plow code..... nope.

Don't think I need the extra spring rate of the snow plow package bars, the stockers on the white truck seem to work just fine, and I had those cranked up pretty high. 

16 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

The new truck has a rear window defroster, so I checked for VYU snow plow code..... nope.

Don't think I need the extra spring rate of the snow plow package bars, the stockers on the white truck seem to work just fine, and I had those cranked up pretty high. 

Be glad as the plow prep bars are overly stiff when cranked, simply not needed unless you have a big V-plow.

Archived