Dimming screen?

Does anyone's screen dim down along with the dash when in reverse? Mine stays at full brightness and blinds the heck out of me when I'm trying to look at my mirrors while backing up. I have a 2017 Silverado LT

Full brightness

d41903247a6a18a19d50d7c65b41343b.jpg

Dimmed down. Screen remains fully lit

7ba65d3b6884d6b2933d6e1d66cf6b74.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with it but my 2016 Silverado screen doesn't light up like that but my parents 2017 Silverado does. Everytime I drive their truck that is one thing I don't like about it.

I can't stand to drive with the dash light on full blast anyway. If you dim your dash lights maybe 30%, does the center screen also dim?

I think it's been discussed her, but I believe it is operating how it is supposed to. OR there's no way to turn it down at least. That's what my dealer told me on my 2017.

I agree it is blinding. It is too bright at night to see out the cab windows.

Do you have after market reverse lights? My 15 is not that bright, or at least I have never noticed it. I feel like might adjusts to the light output out the back. I'll try to look tonight after the gym.

More than likely the screen assembly. Take it in and have it looked at. It's under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna take it for service next week, I'll have them check it out

I can't stand to drive with the dash light on full blast anyway. If you dim your dash lights maybe 30%, does the center screen also dim?

Yes, the screen dims along with the dash when in drive. However, when I put it in reverse, it comes to full brightness. It's like a flash on my face. Really bothers me.

Do you have after market reverse lights? My 15 is not that bright, or at least I have never noticed it. I feel like might adjusts to the light output out the back. I'll try to look tonight after the gym.

No, I have the regular reverse bulbs. I'm actually swapping those out tonight for LEDs

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with it but my 2016 Silverado screen doesn't light up like that but my parents 2017 Silverado does. Everytime I drive their truck that is one thing I don't like about it.

I had a 2016 and it did also. It would dim down along with the dash when in reverse. But this 2017 just flashes my face every time I pop it in reverse. I have to roll my windows down and cover the screen with my hand to see my mirrors clearly.

My '16 doesn't either.

I had a '16 last year and it did. Luck of the draw I guess?

Could be some sort of new safety related feature?

It's actually a bit unsafe

We're talking about the screen itself. Like it's so bright that it creates a glare off all the cabin windows. So you can't see out of them at night.

It seems to be a 17 thing from what I'm determining.

Like the OP said, in DRIVE it is about the right brightness. REVERSE is welder type of bright!

I had a '16 last year and it did. Luck of the draw I guess?

It's actually a bit unsafe

On my 15 you could dim the screen with reverse and then you couldn't see crap in the backup camera. If it stays lit fully, you can then see what the camera displays.

Archived