Headlights - 2015 Chevrolet Silverado

So I have 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Texas Edition 6.2L. I have been blacking it out and am wanting to get rid of the OEM headlights that are chrome. I want to replace with good headlights *with gloss black trim) that U can see better at night as well. I have already replaced the OEM foglights with these:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/fog-light-bulb-led-pure-white-5000k-pair-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-2007-2016/p/H16LEDP/?gclid=CJ_f0Y3aydICFQFpfgod4MYMZg

They are great and very bright. I want something comparable to the fog lights. They are blueish in color. I have seen numerous opinions, but wanted to see what members thoughts or experiences were on here. I plan on putting the Z71 grille on it as well.

I've heard that LEDs are brighter up close, but they don't throw as much down road light. That's merely my opinion though.

I've had great luck with the Silverstar Ultras, but they won't provide the blue color you're looking for.

For $108 it's worth a shot to try, let us know how they work if you do get them.

I really need to replace the whole unit since I am wanting the trim to be gloss black to match the truck. I am trying to reduce all the chrome on the truck so I am blacking most of it out.

going led.. you just need to know lumens, and look at the design.

I had the not only hopeless, but hazardous dim lights in the 1996.

the new silverado is easy for being bigger, even as projector.

I experimented, all designs available.

I settled for a projector converted to h1 type plug..gets out of the plastic cheap 9005/6

looks like the little bmw..

but they do work.

going beyond 3200 lumen can be annoying for others.

beyond 6500k (kelvin) will be the dwarf blue looking light.

no comparison. they go a long distance.

my high beam is 4000 lumen. That is distance of a mile... I can see reflections of signs on the highway.

Also with led swap.. if you have DRL with that diode on a heatsink..you don't need the heatsink anymore (most likely advice for older trucks)

Edited by barry G

Search the K2 forums for headlight modifications. HID is the most prevalent modification. You'll need a LTZ style projector headlight to start with, then install a HID projector or a HID bulb conversion.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 6/15/2017 at 7:30 PM, barry G said:

going led.. you just need to know lumens, and look at the design.

I had the not only hopeless, but hazardous dim lights in the 1996.

the new silverado is easy for being bigger, even as projector.

I experimented, all designs available.

I settled for a projector converted to h1 type plug..gets out of the plastic cheap 9005/6

looks like the little bmw..

but they do work.

going beyond 3200 lumen can be annoying for others.

beyond 6500k (kelvin) will be the dwarf blue looking light.

no comparison. they go a long distance.

my high beam is 4000 lumen. That is distance of a mile... I can see reflections of signs on the highway.

Also with led swap.. if you have DRL with that diode on a heatsink..you don't need the heatsink anymore (most likely advice for older trucks)

Hey, to bring up an old subject here, you're saying that if the LED headlight is being used as DRLs, you don't need the heatsink on the back of the bulb?  I have a 15 Silverado that uses the low beams as DRL, so for these lights that come with big heatsinks, are you saying I can take them off?