I just bought my first newish truck, being the 2014 Silverado 2wd z71 lt. It’s got the crew cab with 5.3l under the hood. I’m currently stationed at ft Stewart ga.
Im just looking for some help or some advice on some upgrades I’d like to do to this truck and which products might be the best.
- I’d like to change the headlights and fog lights from stock.
- Put a leveling kit and some new (bigger) a/t tires on it and not sure what size being
- Change to an aftermarket air intake.
- Do something about the shitty stock speakers (without Bose). Wether it be new door speakers and sub(s). Or be just subs and have a separate amp just for door speakers. Do I need a processor to hook up to stock 8” head unit.
- How do I add any app or navigation to this stock 8” head unit
- How to get more performance from the truck.
Anything would help,
I have been skimming of headlight complaints on these trucks since 2015. Whats the short summary?
I had a 2010 Silverado and that truck had amazing headlights. Like the best ever. I had a 2015 Silverado and the head lights seemed fine. Clearly not as good as 2010 but they worked fine for me.
I just bought a 2018 Sierra with HID head lights and I am trying to figure out if there will be an issue. Some say to replace them with LEDs. Some say you cannot replace them with LEDs. Some reviews say the 2018 HIDs are amazing and were improved. Im basically lost with all the internet ramblings.
I wanted to get the pulse of how many people have successfully had their Denali/LED headlamps painted? I am very interested in doing mine but have 2 major concerns due to the cost of these OEM lights:
- Is it REALLY possible to get these re-sealed adequately to the point I should have little to no concern of condensation ever occurring after spending some serious money to have these painted?
- Speaking of serious money, what is a reasonable amount to expect to pay? I know you can infinitely increase the cost of these projects by adding different LED switchbacks, different projectors, doing intricate paintings vs. just satin black everything, etc.
What I'm wanting falls somewhere in the middle. I want to upgrade the LED switchback module (bc why not if I'm already in $$$ to crack them open?) which runs around $150 I believe, and I want a simple Satin black + (maybe) a portion color-matched as well (still on the fence) as well as the GMC stamped in the chrome of the headlamps to be the red color of the emblems.
Does anyone have any input/feedback/advice/recommendations on this? If I have it done, I'd potentially be willing to send them off to someone to have them done, but shipping is a major added cost. Is there anyone in on of the following locations (that is highly recommended as well as reasonable??):
Houston, TX - Where I live
San Antonio, TX
Ft. Worth, TX
Baton Rouge, LA
Oklahoma City, OK
Any and all comments are highly appreciated!
hey guys, i have a 2015 GMC Sierra SLE. I purchased the Morimoto Elite 35w HID kit, with the HD Relay and the Anti-Flicker Capacitor Link from retrofitsource back on 10/6/2016. The things have been perfect ever since installing them, until about a week ago. When I got in the truck to head to work, I noticed the headlights didn't turn on like normal. I tried to flip the switch on and off, and got nothing at all. I turned off the truck, got out, closed the door, waited about 5 minutes, then tried to start it again. The lights came on just fine, no issues. Yesterday, I got in the truck to head to a family gathering, and they wouldn't turn on again. I did the same routine, but this time, nothing. i can't get anything at all to come on.
I spent about an hour going through my connections to make sure a wire didn't come lose anywhere, and everything seems to be fine. I checked all inline fuses, and all fuses in the fuse boxes, and none were blown. I can't really swap ballasts and bulbs from driver to passenger side since neither is working. Any ideas on what i can try next? i would greatly appreciate any help!
Has anyone tried to install the LTZ/Premier headlights in a LT model? I have a 2017 LT, and would really love the daytime running light LED strip. I'm assuming the difference has to be either in the headlight assembly themselves, the headlight controller, or both.
I've considered swapping to an aftermarket headlight assembly that has the LED daytime running lights, but don't know enough about them yet to know if they are any good. I was thinking something like the Spyder or Anzo brands.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 105 Members, 3 Anonymous, 334 Guests (See full list)
- RB Racing
- Dock Rocker
- Billy Smart
- Justin Nachazel
- Spastik Monkey
- Gregor C
- Rolling Thunder
- ndogg ct