Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

New Electric Sport Utility Truck Brand's First Reveal July 27th

post-139450-0-46242600-1497562684_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
6-15-2017

Do you like instant, abundant torque? Have you ever wondered what a truck designed with no prior lineage might look like? If so, the Bollinger Motors B1 reveal should be of interest to you. On July 27th the company promises to reveal its truck to the world. The interior rendering above is the only information available right now, but we should know much more by month's end.

The reveal will be in New York and press invitations have been issued. Bollinger says in its invitation, "Our medium-duty Sport Utility Truck has been designed and engineered from the ground up,

featuring an all-electric powertrain, all-aluminum chassis, and revolutionary storage capabilities. The Bollinger B1 is unmatched on- and off-road, with world-class traction, torque and ground clearance, making it the ultimate truck for work and play."

Will it be a truck in a complete, driveable, and testable form, or do you think it will be vaporware, like most EV announcements? Tell us below. Give us your guess on range too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      10-24-2017

During a recent motor press event hosted by the Monticello Motor Club in New York State, GM had the 2017 Bolt on hand for test drives. There were cars like Cadillac ATS-Vs, Dodge SRT Wide Body Hellcat Challengers, and other hi-po vehicles on hand as well, so cars like the Bolt were going mostly untested by the press during the two-day event. We took it out, and it was the biggest surprise of the trip for GM-Trucks.com.

As you probably know, the Bolt is the first long-range electric vehicle in America that can reasonably be considered “mainstream.” Though it is a compact car with an MSPR of $43,015, Bolts don’t cost owners anywhere near that amount. In Massachusetts, where this writer resides, new Bolt Premiers are selling for $26,280 after state and federal incentives and dealer discounts. Leases for the fully-loaded Bolt are just $231 per month and the state rebate matches the initial payment. The Bolt is also available from stock all around the Northeast, unlike the Tesla Model S which is only available in California and won’t be in stock for as long as two years from now.

The Drive
      The Bolt drives much better than one might expect from a compact vehicle with a high driving position. It feels fun in everyday driving. During our test drive, there was an unusual intersection where we could go from a stop to the legal 55 MPH speed limit. The Bolt would chirp the tires and run to that speed at a fast pace we did not expect. The Bolt moves out in a hurry and feels quick. It also has plenty of torque and power to pass in any situation. Floor the Bolt at 60 MPH and it instantly leaps ahead.  In turns it is enjoyable and body-lean is much less than expected. We suspect the battery position gives the Bolt a much lower center of gravity than it appears to have. Over bumps, the Bolt is composed and comfortable.

Bolt Content
      Everything one wants is here. Leather heated seats, a massive 10.2” infotainment screen, as is the norm for most EVs, and Android Auto and Apple Car Play compatibility. Our Bolt tester had the optional DC fast charger capability, wireless device charging, an upgraded Bose audio system, and rear USB ports.

Bolt Safety
      The Bolt is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, and is rated higher than the Tesla Model S for safety byhttp://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/chevrolet/bolt-4-door-hatchback IIHS.

Bolt Warranties & Similar
      The Bolt has an unusual warranty being an EV. It starts out with a 3-year, 36K bumper to bumper warranty and 5-year, 60K drivetrain warranty. On top of that, GM adds an 8-year, 100K warranty on the EV drivetrain system. GM also throws in the first two scheduled maintenance visits. Roadside assistance and courtesy transportation are also part of the package.

Bolt EV Conclusion
      GM’s Bolt is a vehicle that leaps ahead of EVs like the more expensive BMW i3. The Bolt’s 238-mile EV range make it the longest-range mainstream battery-ony EV one can go and out and purchase today. More importantly, the Bolt has a feeling of quality and solidity that would surprise any owner of any previous compact GM car. The Bolt is the top-selling affordable battery-electric car in America currently and is the number three-selling affordable EV of any type after the Volt and Toyota Prius Prime.  It is outselling the BMW i3 by about four to one and its sales are about 40% higher than the Nissan Leaf’s. This is no accident. Chevy has put together a very desirable EV package and made it accessible to almost all buyers interested in a new electric vehicle with decent range.
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      7-31-2017
      Bollinger Motors revealed its electric pickup/SUV Friday. The vehicle is a square-bodied electric drive SUV that looks like a Land Rover or vintage Bronco in many ways. That is far from an insult. That look is loved by many and the Bollinger B1 has a bad-ass back-to-basics look that is hard not to like. Aerodynamics must not matter when no gas is being burned.

The reveal included many of the mechanical specifications of the B1. For example, Bollinger says it can haul 72 sheets of 4'x8' lumber and also carry 24 sticks of 2x4" lumber. Towing is rated at a respectable 6,100 pounds. with 472 lb-ft of torque, the B1 must move out in a hurry. Indeed, its 4.5-second 0-60 MPH time makes it one of the fastest trucks ever built.

As has become the norm with electric vehicle reveals, we don't yet know the price and none are available from stock. However, if you want to get in line, Bollinger will accept your $1,000 deposit today. Learn more at the company's website.

• By L0w7_Silverado
      Does anyone else have an issue with the high beam indicator light randomly coming on. Not the actual lights just the dash light
    • By NewFromCanada
      2001 Chev Express 2500 cargo van, 5.7 L with auto tranny, 190,000 km

Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I'm a hands on type of guy.
      Just discovered your forum, very exciting, hope I'm posting very 1st post correctly?
      Just bought this van and looking forward to getting fancy with it.
      I've now only got one issue holding me back from my safety inspection.

Signal light switch is causing me some grief.
      Having devil of a time figuring how to remove it.
      Hoping someone wiser can share some of their been-there-done-that wisdom?

Presently have the switch end of the harness unscrewed from the column.
      Buttt, how do I get the plug end of the harness easily removed from it's mate ? ?
      I do have the 8 mm holding bolt unscrewed.
      I do have 2 blue 'keeper forks' pulled from either end.

I've already pulled and pried on this for close to 2 hours, all to zero avail!
      Even removed drivers seat to give me lots more elbow room.
      Traded off with a friend to take a crack at it. Also to no avail. :{

I'm guessing this is the "baddie" plug I heard a friend talking about years ago.
      Which leads me to guess that some enterprising person has been shouldered with this task on more than one occasion before me.
      It somehow makes sense that some wise soul has figured a way to easily separate this plug.
      Is there a custom puller of some kind?

In summary:
      Please help (if you can).

Thank you in advance

Sincerely

Newbie From Canada
    • By Zane

By Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      2/12/2015

Exactly one month after introducing the all-electric Bolt to the world, Chevrolet is now promising to build it. Today the company confirmed that it will produce the Bolt EV as its next generation all-electric vehicle.

Chevrolet also confirmed that the Bolt will be developed with two goals in mind. A 200-mile all-electric range and a $30,000 price tag. While the production vehicle will share the concept's name, don't expect them to look exactly the same. The production version will most likely undergo some styling and functional changes before it goes on sale.

The Bolt will be produced Michigan at the Orion Assembly facility. The company simultaneously announced a $200-million investment to get ready for Bolt production. Orion will receive $160-million for tooling and equipment while Pontiac Metal Center Facilities will receive $40-million for new dies. The Bolt will be produced at the same facility that currently produces the Buick Verano and Chevrolet Spark

Chevrolet has not yet announced a model year or on sale target for the Bolt.

General Motors Says
      Leveraging the industry-leading battery technology found in the Chevrolet Volt and Spark EV, the Bolt EV concept was developed as a game-changing, long-range pure electric for all 50 states, designed to offer more than a GM-estimated 200 miles of range at a target price of around $30,000.