50k service

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on doing cabin air filters every 20k, but that's because of my allergies and piece of mind. Too many photos of leaves and rat's nests. engine filter about 30k, check at 20k.

Drop Tranny Pan! Flush and Fill replace filter on Tranny and the other aforementioned stuff......If you want to know I changed my Rear Differential out at 28-29K and it looked pretty good so I feel it's good to go 60-75K before it gets pretty rank. But I have no idea how or what you do with truck so it's up to you.....

The only other thing I am concerned with is the dang plugs on GDI.......I just think it's laughable for these MFG's to claim 100K on Port Injection let alone GDI??????? I know somebody is going to say, "read your owners manual" the last 3-4 vehicles all told me 100k on plugs doubt GM decided to change that......

I also wouldn't hesitate to use 2qty cans of BG-EPR in crankcase follow directions and drain and fill......one has to be cognizant of the GDI!

yea i had a bad case of seafoam clogging my cats and fighting with my dealer to replace them. Not messing with it again. Ill just get the valves blasted at 100-150k

I hear ya! I talked to many a mechanics before I used BG-just recently on my vehicle and was extremely impressed. Never used Seafoam in vehicle and never would......Sorry to hear you ended up with problems.

I hear ya! I talked to many a mechanics before I used BG-just recently on my vehicle and was extremely impressed. Never used Seafoam in vehicle and never would......Sorry to hear you ended up with problems.

I did 2 BG inducation services on my truck and then started worrying about clogged cats. I asked my mechanic about it and he said it isn't a problem nor should it ever be. I still worried about it though and decided to to stop doing them every 15,000 miles. I have an oil catch can. I'll probably just see how the engine is doing around 100,000 miles and maybe do another BG service then.

Sorry for the side bar. Back to the OP, I have 45,000 miles on my truck. When I hit 50k I plan to change the tranny fluid and filter. I'll do my front/rear differentials and transfer case at 75,000 miles.

So my sweetheart just cracked the 50k mile point. What services should i do along with the oil at this point? i figure it's a good time to change the trans fluid and the transfer case fluid as well?

What does your owners's manual tell you to do?

Archived