50k service

I hear ya! I talked to many a mechanics before I used BG-just recently on my vehicle and was extremely impressed. Never used Seafoam in vehicle and never would......Sorry to hear you ended up with problems.

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is BG. And why not use seafoam, I've used it in everything I own. Usually put a can in the tank at every oil change.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is BG. And why not use seafoam, I've used it in everything I own. Usually put a can in the tank at every oil change.

Not stupid at all.....They originated in Europe due to Diesel and long Oil Change Intervals etc. They have been quietly being used in USA as professional products and can not be bought at local Autozone etc. The products are Top Class and pricey but....I have seen first hand now the results and I will be using their GDI products on my 5.3L GDI. Simple and effective at controlling the coking.....

• 4 weeks later...

well since the owners manual doesn't give "regular" schedule only "severe" and "extreme" im doing an oil change, and trans fluid change. Ill do the diffs and transfer case at 75k.

Sounds about right....My Rear was pretty clean @ 29K and believe that would be the time to change 60-70K

ill use that opportunity to re-gear it too :)

Nice! I was going to use my opportunity to slap a beefy cover on mine so I could drain and fill it every 50-60K. Nope, cover never came in mail until a few days ago. I am totally fine with 3.42's

Nice! I was going to use my opportunity to slap a beefy cover on mine so I could drain and fill it every 50-60K. Nope, cover never came in mail until a few days ago. I am totally fine with 3.42's

i have 3.08s ill probably jump to 3.42s. I don't tow much so don't need anything crazy just enough to move some bigger tires when the time comes.

i have 3.08s ill probably jump to 3.42s. I don't tow much so don't need anything crazy just enough to move some bigger tires when the time comes.

Makes sense....Don't get crazy on the tires Mate! I don't tow either but I can tell my 3.42's would be able to handle bigger tires no problem. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as you are. I have 3.08s in my 6.2L. I'm eventually gonna get 3.73s & leave it to that. So, I add can run 33s or 35s, worry free. Nothing bigger at all.

I just reached 50K in my 2014 couple days ago. On my transmission, diffs and transfer case, should I switch to Amsoil or keep it OEM? I run Amsoil in my engine, just wondering. Thanks!

Transmission and transfer case oem ac delco full synthetic, I haven't done the transfer case yet but I'm almost positive it's the same fluid.

Cheapest place to get it that I found

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EKMGG92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: it was $22 when I bought it a few months ago, not sure if it's still the cheapest place to get it

Diffs - amsoil is a good choice

Archived