Warranty almost up, any suggestions?

I'm taking my truck in before my warranty expires to get the rock popping noise fixed, and hopefully whatever metal sounding rattle is coming from the drivers side. Not sure if that is the rattle under the steering wheel that I have read about?

Any suggestions on what else I should have done? Is there a programming update for the transmission or throttle response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't already you need to create an account with "https://my.gmc.com/home"From there you'll be able to see all of the services performed on your truck, recalls, etc. I've brought my truck in on occasion only for them to say "Oh we have a TSB to perform." It would be nice if they were proactive

Good luck.

If you haven't already you need to create an account with "https://my.gmc.com/home"From there you'll be able to see all of the services performed on your truck, recalls, etc. I've brought my truck in on occasion only for them to say "Oh we have a TSB to perform." It would be nice if they were proactive

Good luck.

It really would be nice if they were proactive. Randomly I do get clunking in the transmission, so I am going to have them check that out too. Not sure if there is a throttle tsb, there are like 500 of them when I search.

How much do they run?

Varies depending on coverage. Most are $1,500 - $2,000 and it could have been added in the vehicles financing when the truck was purchased. There's an enormous amount of aftermarket warranties floating around out there, just call around and find out which one would be best for you.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_warranty/

This is a pretty good list of some that are used all the time.

Me too . It was 1,500 (6 year 72,000)when I bought the truck and now they want 2,000. I get letters in the mail not sure why when I already have it . My warranty has already paid for itself after 1 year .

My mom had one of these aftermarket warranties and the company closed without warning and she didn't know until she went to make a claim. I am going to do some hefty research between price, reliability and customer satisfaction before my factory warranty expires.

• 1 month later...

For those that bank with USAA, they sell vehicle warranties as well. I'm looking into one for my Toyota Tacoma. Wish I would've known this when I purchased my 2014 Silverado. I ended up getting a warranty from the dealership.

In 99 when I bought my power stroke I paid 1500$ for an extended warranty from the dealer. Two years later an abs sensor went bad triggering the abs light an 80$ part. They declined to cover, so much for the bumper to bumper warranty. 2015 Santa Fe within the factory bumper to bumper warranty my seat started to rip on the side on the crease. Dealer declined. I wrote a email to Hyundais, explaining that after 4 Hyundais they can fix it or lose a loyal customer. They fixed it. The results I now drive a Chevy and a Camry. Extended warranties mean you'll just have to fight longer to get what you paid for. Both examples were factory backed, can't imagine the fight with third party warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck.

Whats the Chevy link?

Archived