New 8 speed software update?

Ok, I took a picture of my paperwork. It has a tsb and SLF code# (whatever that is) hope it can help some of you like it has me. Truck is still shifting great so far.

I did read in another unrelated post that some one else had gotten an 8 speed update and truck is also much better and his has been in for a couple of months. So it all sounds promising.

df80662f33d1379b4aa80a36706428b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Im blind. Where is the TSB number on there?

Let us know how it works, That TSB came out in Jan

Mine had it applied Jan/Feb timeframe.

Trans is much better. haven't had the severe harsh shift after sitting since, and in use shifts are much much better as well. Still sometimes as a small clunk when coming to a stop -- like 2-1 or 3-1 shift.

Autotrac transfer case recall applied this week.

Guessing because it was a recall you got a letter? So hopefully if we didnt get a letter then the transfer case wont apply to us.

I had mine in for an oil change last month and now that you mention it, it is shifting better. They told me they did a trans update but I didn't think much of it. I was too focused on their asinine excuse for my harsh shift from Park to Reverse that was happening randomly say every 10th time I made that shift. They said it was because my AMP power steps were plugged into the USB and they were drawing power and taking it away from the TCM module. I just laughed and left.

Had mine in for oil change a few weeks ago and for the hell of it I told them about the hard downshift into 1st and they did the same thing......now almost perfect. Every once in a while it'll do it but not as bad and not nearly as often.

Guessing because it was a recall you got a letter? So hopefully if we didnt get a letter then the transfer case wont apply to us.

Didn't get a letter. Service called it a recall, but paperwork just refers to transfer case control module (TCCM) reprogramming to eliminate 4HI lockup. (truck has never had any problem with the 4wd system - and in fairness the 4wd doesn't get used often).
Dealer found it when checking VIN while it was in for the last 'include' oil change.
Also added a new retainer bracket to drivers seat to stop the lateral movement/click of the drivers seat when doing low speed turns. (guess I should probably should find the thread on that subject and add the info there )

Hows everyones trans doing? Mine is still doing great after a few weeks, its pretty dang smooth I love it.

I am going back to my dealer soon I thinkn Im getting a vibration after a tire rotation and think a tire may be out of balance. I will confirm with the service guy that they did the update. They also have a new 4wd controller on order to get rid of that high pitch frequency :-)

• Like 1

Mine is doing great so far.

Thanks for posting this, OP. My new wheels and tires get here tomorrow, and after putting them on I'm going to be making a dealer appt to get this done to my trans, the speedo calibrated, and my shifty seat fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new programming has a new set of shift parameters according to them. The relearning is how the trans adapts to your driving style...hard accelerator or not etc.

Time will tell. I only drove it 25 miles home.

• Like 1