Start and die

1999 suburban start and die.

New fuel pump , filter, cap rotor, plugs and wires. New injector.

Good fuel pressure. Good spark. Good oil pressure.

Security light comes on and goes out. Start and dies if I hold key it will start and die again. If I put some gas down intake it will run longer. If I leave key on after about a min the security light will come on

Tried pass lock reset security light comes on with key then goes off. After 1 min it comes back on and stays on

Is there anything that would shut injectors off?

Thanks for your help

If I pull plug on ign. Switch the security light comes on. Previous owner had GM alarm put on. It was removed and starter wire reconnected all other wires were piggy backed so they were just removed. I have a feeling it something to do with security system

The added on GM alarm has been removed. The factory security is still there. I got it not running it's in really good shape. No codes. Cam sensor was not the problem. Going to change crank sensor in the morning and test the mass air flow sensor.if that doesn't work I guess I will look at the pass lock. I've got 2 98 pickups a 98 Tahoe and this 99 suburban I love this body style

OK so I got it to run spraying starting fluid in to it. Dies when I stop. There is a noise in the front of the motor. Screeching metal sound. Belt is off so I took off timing cover and the marks line up it was hard to turn.

So here is my question does anyone think it's possible that it has a bad bearing and straight gas doesn't have the power to turn it but starting fluid does. Timing has some slack

Crankshaft position sensor? Will cause it to not have injector pulse as well. Have you checked for an RPM reading on a scan tool? The 5.7L were bad about getting oil from the oil pan leaking into the sensor causing it to prematurely fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have changed the crank and cam sensors. Going to get a ECM at this point I think it's the only thing left.

I will post the results after I get it

So are you getting a crank signal to the scan tool or not? What if you have a circuit concern from the ECM to the sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived