Brand New TO GMC, brand new to the forum - Any advice - I will take it

Welcome to the organization! Stay off these forums as you will get ideas for millions of mods to do to your new truck. If you plan to keep the truck for a considerable amount the warranty makes sense. Read it thoroughly to find out what is and isn't covered. Enjoy your truck and post some pics.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome,

Call your local PPF/clear bra installer and set an appointment this ASAP! I PPF'ed my entire front section full hood and fenders along with front bumper, well worth the extra money. All manufactures paint is soft and chips due to rocks, going on over a year now with my PPF it has been fantastic no chips on my truck. My truck has been butter smooth at all speeds running on factory goodyears, the 8 speed got a software update 2 months it's much improved the v4 to v8 coming to a stop pulse/bucking.

Recommend getting some GM floor liners, or aftermarket equivalents, aka Husky, Weather Tech... little lite reading = http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/184854-new-gmc-floor-mats-2016-these-are-real-nice/

here are some pics from the thread of my truck,

18d2b097ecf4b7d20ce2a37d031a2b1b.jpg

cc7070c32a7c4a5cf6be4252a1b64f0d.jpg

0a6c96fce403bde3d1f0771a2c9e3629.jpg

e101c8d39255a0240bbd443e77597cfe.jpg

Off topic, are those the factory seat adjustment control buttons? Those are cool looking! Might be going to the GMC dealer to order some.

Enjoy your truck but drop the extended warranty. Put the $2k you are paying for it and put it in an interest bearing account. If you do have problems then more than likely that 2 grand will cover it. Extended warranties are offered for a reason, they are huge money makers.

Seriously what is an extended warranty? Enjoy your truck it's much better at 21 mpg's than the Tundra 16....But hey, GM has not a clue if you talk to anybody!

Welcome and enjoy. I'm not even a week into ownership myself. I opted for the 8 speed even after reading all the "issues" Does my truck have some "interesting" tendancies with less than 250 KM on the clock, you bet. I figure the tranny is still learning me and I it. I will wait until I get over 1000km and some towing on it before I worry about it. But I am LOVING IT! Like you I am coming off a non "American" made truck.

Welcome and enjoy. I'm not even a week into ownership myself. I opted for the 8 speed even after reading all the "issues" Does my truck have some "interesting" tendancies with less than 250 KM on the clock, you bet. I figure the tranny is still learning me and I it. I will wait until I get over 1000km and some towing on it before I worry about it. But I am LOVING IT! Like you I am coming off a non "American" made truck.

I will be the first one to tell you before you drive it off a cliff it takes thousands of miles to settle down......The only thing this Trans enjoys is massive amounts of torque not kidding either.....

I will be the first one to tell you before you drive it off a cliff it takes thousands of miles to settle down......The only thing this Trans enjoys is massive amounts of torque not kidding either.....

Please don't misunderstand, it's new, it needs to learn, and I am fully aware of that. It's still miles above my Titan.....MILES!

The extended warranty covers the powertrain and most of the electrical components things like O2 sensors, brake pads, are not included. Calipers, window motor, radio, navigation, are included. light bulbs are not included. The initial cost was 3k, by waiting it out I got it down to 2k. It runs for 7 years or 120k from day one. So the first 36k it is useless, for the first 60k it is useless for the powertrain.

$100 deductible.

I have 30 days to cancel it if I so desire. I am still a bit on the fence. Another way to look at it is the cost of the warranty is 4% of a 50k purchase, which is not bad at all.

The extended warranty covers the powertrain and most of the electrical components things like O2 sensors, brake pads, are not included. Calipers, window motor, radio, navigation, are included. light bulbs are not included. The initial cost was 3k, by waiting it out I got it down to 2k. It runs for 7 years or 120k from day one. So the first 36k it is useless, for the first 60k it is useless for the powertrain.

$100 deductible.

I have 30 days to cancel it if I so desire. I am still a bit on the fence. Another way to look at it is the cost of the warranty is 4% of a 50k purchase, which is not bad at all.

If it really makes you feel better do it. I was going to be charged 3g's for the same warranty and I said you can keep that for yourself no thanks.

I drive 40-50k miles a year so 120k miles is not even a 3yr warranty for me. I'm installing AR LT headers, hiflow cats, and tuning it tomarrow so my warranty is going bye bye at 3k miles. Thats how much faith I have on not having serious issues.

No issues with the truck a little jolt here and there slowing to a stop but way better after the learning was done. Actually thought that I rear ended once or twice during the learning procedure but 90% better now. 123c9592cd47e8ff57c6a8f07f0cede4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Advice - unless you're looking for some accessories/modification info, troubleshooting a specific problem, avoid the forums. The more you look through the threads the more complainers you'll find & if all you did for researching new vehicles was look through web forums you'd come away thinking every manufacturer makes faulty junk products that stand by and/or GM sucks Ford rocks or Mopar no car, or the myth/legend that all Toyota trucks go 1,000,000 miles w/ nothing other than tires gas & oil for consumables

If it really makes you feel better do it. I was going to be charged 3g's for the same warranty and I said you can keep that for yourself no thanks.

I drive 40-50k miles a year so 120k miles is not even a 3yr warranty for me. I'm installing AR LT headers, hiflow cats, and tuning it tomarrow so my warranty is going bye bye at 3k miles. Thats how much faith I have on not having serious issues.

No issues with the truck a little jolt here and there slowing to a stop but way better after the learning was done. Actually thought that I rear ended once or twice during the learning procedure but 90% better now. 123c9592cd47e8ff57c6a8f07f0cede4.jpg

Not sure what dealer you go to but.....my dealer serviced my G8 GT a few times - even performing a tranny TSB @ 103k miles (over powertrain warranty) & installing a new alternator, & I even ended up trading this car in on my original GMC truck. Well, that car had a 2800 stall, Livernois DoD delete cam, CAI/custom dyno tune (full shift torque pressure & ZERO torque mgmt.) JBA long tubes w/ catless X & not only did these morons do the powertrain warranty work more than once, they did it post warranty mileage & then gave me $13,000 cash value on trade for this G8 w/ 130k on the clock to close the deal on my truck. Only 1 week after did they THEN come back to me after trying to auction the G8 saying "hey did you know your car had no cats, its a problem we can't pass visual emissions" - I was like, "yeah I knew, I figured your cracker jack "master mechanic" would've figured known as well considering he had it up on a lift a few times in the last month & it stinks like rotten eggs when cold, but while we're at it the sky is blue & water's wet anything else you need from me?"

LOL - so point of the matter is - don't give 'em that much credit.

Not sure what dealer you go to but.....my dealer serviced my G8 GT a few times - even performing a tranny TSB @ 103k miles (over powertrain warranty) & installing a new alternator, & I even ended up trading this car in on my original GMC truck. Well, that car had a 2800 stall, Livernois DoD delete cam, CAI/custom dyno tune (full shift torque pressure & ZERO torque mgmt.) JBA long tubes w/ catless X & not only did these morons do the powertrain warranty work more than once, they did it post warranty mileage & then gave me $13,000 cash value on trade for this G8 w/ 130k on the clock to close the deal on my truck. Only 1 week after did they THEN come back to me after trying to auction the G8 saying "hey did you know your car had no cats, its a problem we can't pass visual emissions" - I was like, "yeah I knew, I figured your cracker jack "master mechanic" would've figured known as well considering he had it up on a lift a few times in the last month & it stinks like rotten eggs when cold, but while we're at it the sky is blue & water's wet anything else you need from me?"

LOL - so point of the matter is - don't give 'em that much credit.

Cool makes me feel alot better. Cars in the shop now getting American Racing headers high flow cat Y pipe and a custom tune along with cat back exhaust.

Enterprise gave me the new 2017 Dodge Durango man that's a slick SUV. Actually has a few features i wish my 2017 1500 denali had. Push to start, vents in the back, and dial console shifter.

Cool makes me feel alot better. Cars in the shop now getting American Racing headers high flow cat Y pipe and a custom tune along with cat back exhaust.

Enterprise gave me the new 2017 Dodge Durango man that's a slick SUV. Actually has a few features i wish my 2017 1500 denali had. Push to start, vents in the back, and dial console shifter.

the SRT version interests me......push to start & dial shifter? Meh, not so much.....especially from Dodge.....more like "push til breaks" & "you're F'd when you spill the big gulp over the dial shifter" - actually I do know confirmed issues w/ the dial shifter.

We should have vents in the back tho.....my '04 GTO COUPE!! Had some vents in the back!!

Archived