Question about connecting LED bar to reverse light using harness

I bought some 8" LED bars to add under my bumper in the back and wire to reverse light so i can see. I have already been under the back and found place to mount and was considering the following harness connector to take the factory setup and add 1 additional 4 pole harness

Has anyone used this method, does it work..

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehicle-Wiring/Chevrolet/Silverado+1500/2015/C55384.html?vehicleid=201521379

With the extra 4 pole, i can wire my LED's thru use of a relay with a 4 pole harness and connect to the extra giving me ability to turn them on when in reverse.

Also looking to possible add a switch to manually control when out camping, driveway or whatever other possible need without being in reverse.

Is this possible? has anyone done this and have good or bad feedback on doing it this way.

I was hoping to find a solution that required no splicing..

I thought about doing the same thing... My thoughts were splicing in a diode in reverse bias to block current when your separate reverse switch is turned on and keep you from back feeding the reverse circuit or bcm. Haven't gotten around to it yet but will someday... I'm subscribed to see what ideas others have

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I crimp connected to a wire at the 7-way trailer plug for this exact thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a pic of how you did it? I mean i think the t-connector 7 blade to 4 pole harness will accomplish the same thing without the need cutting into factory wires.. Just want to make sure i have everything i need before i begin

I went ahead and ordered the t connector harness to see if that works, need to calculate the diode needed for the install so i can order that as well..

You could use two relays and accomplish the same task without having to plug into you trailer harness plug and you would have a switch to turn the lights on and off when you wanted.

The plan is to always have them turn on when in reverse.. BUT if possible, also add a switch to control manually in other occasions, like while camping or off road somewhere(very rare for these) but like to be prepared.

You could do it with with 2 relays one would need contacts that has normally open and normally closed contacts or use the diode method. Diode sizing doesn't have to be exact because you are using it in reverse bias so you would just need to make sure it's can take the 12volts and the current of the lightbar draw...when I get off of work I'll see if I could help you out with choosing a diode

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived