Hi, I have a problem I can't seem to find any info. on & was hoping to find some help here. On my 97 K1500, the vent tube on top of the rearend has rotted off & I can't tell if it's threaded in or not. I have looked on numerous sites for a replacement tube & they have them for other makes but nothing for Chevy. I don't want to do any drilling without knowing what size or how they're put in. I would appreciate any advice-Thank you

Hello, I just replaced mine in my '98 Cheyenne K2500. In my case, I purchased a new one at the local dealer. It is a press fit with ridges covered in a red sealing material. I drilled the old one out with a drill slightly larger than the hole and increased the bit size until it spun out of the axle. I then used a socket to press it in.

I had this problem on my 2000 Z71. In my case where the vent tube was, was completely rotted away and plugged up. I went the cheap easy way and pulled the plug where you check the fluid level, put a street elbow in there and an adapter to a vent tube. It's obviously gerry rigged, but it works.