Inner fender mod for 2014+ silverados for more clearance with bigger t

So I have a 2014 Silverado lifted 6" on 35s. It's a procomp lift, and the wheel set up is the 20x10 -12 fuel couplers on 35/12.5/20 nitto trail grapplers. My problem tho is I rub pretty bad on my inner fender on the front when I'm turning with any travel of the suspension. For example full turns backing out of driveways and this weekend I went hunting and non-stop I was rubbing hard on the inner fender by the door. It's wearing my new trail graps pretty bad on the outside, which is making them louder and ride rougher... so I need to do some clearance work on the inner fender by bending back some of the metal down there.

So has anyone done this to their 2014+ Silverado? I'd wanna see how some of y'all have done it so I can get it right the first time rather than hacking out some metal and having it look bad. I want to get the most clearance possible without it looking like I did any cutting/bending from the outside. I know there's good instructions for the 2007-2013 online, but it's hard to find much about the 2014+

So I have a 2014 Silverado lifted 6" on 35s. It's a procomp lift, and the wheel set up is the 20x10 -12 fuel couplers on 35/12.5/20 nitto trail grapplers. My problem tho is I rub pretty bad on my inner fender on the front when I'm turning with any travel of the suspension. For example full turns backing out of driveways and this weekend I went hunting and non-stop I was rubbing hard on the inner fender by the door. It's wearing my new trail graps pretty bad on the outside, which is making them louder and ride rougher... so I need to do some clearance work on the inner fender by bending back some of the metal down there.

So has anyone done this to their 2014+ Silverado? I'd wanna see how some of y'all have done it so I can get it right the first time rather than hacking out some metal and having it look bad. I want to get the most clearance possible without it looking like I did any cutting/bending from the outside. I know there's good instructions for the 2007-2013 online, but it's hard to find much about the 2014+

Look up the NorCal fender mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did alot of trimming to fit my 38"x15.5 tires. Didnt take any how to pics, but best advise I can give you is dont be scared to do some cutting. Also its not noticeable at all if you have fender flares.

check out my thread I did it on my HC. I have a 2.5" level and 1.5" body lift and my 35x12.5r20 don't rub on -12 wheels. but your lift kicks your front wheels out further so your rocking like a -30 offset. I have about 1/2" clearance between the tire and wheel well. I also zip tied one of my fender liners backs. very easy. norcal mod takes about 30 mins per side I gained about an inch.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/201616-25-rc-level-15-body-lift-fitting-35x125r20-on-a-24-wheel/?do=findComment&comment=1989892

I did alot of trimming to fit my 38"x15.5 tires. Didnt take any how to pics, but best advise I can give you is dont be scared to do some cutting. Also its not noticeable at all if you have fender flares.

Sweet looking truck! Love that wheel/tire combo...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very curious on how your wheel well trim went back on after the trimming, as I assume the indent is gone where the trim fits.

For clarify, this is the area I'm talking about. Any chance you could take a similar pic of yours now? 153b95db8e6978adb5b7cc4bf4c1ca69.jpg

I'm very curious on how your wheel well trim went back on after the trimming, as I assume the indent is gone where the trim fits.

For clarify, this is the area I'm talking about. Any chance you could take a similar pic of yours now? 153b95db8e6978adb5b7cc4bf4c1ca69.jpg

Look closer at my pics and youll see I have fender flares.

I didn't trim mine. I drilled a 1/4" hole the bottom then using a zip tie pulled it back about an inch.

That's the liner, not the metal fender. Close in location, but much much different in terms of scope, commitment, and clearance.

That's the liner, not the metal fender. Close in location, but much much different in terms of scope, commitment, and clearance.

Sorry, saw inner fender and spoke too soon. Nevermind

Archived