Floor mat clips broke this happen to anybody?

I noticed that my Husky Xact Contour liners do grip the tabs pretty hard. Thanks for the heads up I will for sure push the tab out of the mat from the top and NOT just yank them up. Not going to be much fun if it is cow poop/mud coated or is full of kid puke sticking your fingers on there though haha

post-127028-0-02911400-1484356444_thumb.jpg

I noticed that my Husky Xact Contour liners do grip the tabs pretty hard. Thanks for the heads up I will for sure push the tab out of the mat from the top and NOT just yank them up. Not going to be much fun if it is cow poop/mud coated or is full of kid puke sticking your fingers on there though haha

Yup that what I have to deal with horse poop. I'm blacksmith i shoe horses so i get in out of my truck like 30 times a day with poop and mud stuck im my boots i try to kick the mud out of my boots.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I always hold my hand between the clip and the mat to prevent this. Seems like it would tear after a few times otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2. Although I only take them out once in a blue moon, I am always worried they will rip out of the carpet so I do this too.

• 2 weeks later...

A little sewing thread and a curved upholstery needle fixed it. The carpet is very weak it can easily be torn by hand. This was just a bad design by GM. If there wasnt big indentation and a gromet under the clip i would have liquid nailed the clip it to the floor.

Go with Husky mats. The GM ones are anchored to be pulled ever once in awhile. The Husky design allows easy removal without stressing the anchor. They provide a screw in anchor for the passenger side. I would get slip on boots and throw them in the bed before ya get in.

Edited by Silver16

Go with Husky mats. The GM ones are anchored to be pulled ever once in awhile. The Husky design allows easy removal without stressing the anchor. They provide a screw in anchor for the passenger side. I would get slip on boots and throw them in the bed before ya get in.

I got it now i just have to push them in like buttons before i pull the mat. It was the car wash guys just ripping the mats out that caused them to tear. I make sure to unattach them beforehand now.

• 2 years later...